Malitania AK47 R

Started by sukhe_bator (Neil), August 10, 2022, 09:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sukhe_bator (Neil)

Thanks for the tip, Simon  :)

Neil

sukhe_bator (Neil)

A taste of the wildlife of the Republique de Senemal... Scimitar-horned Oryx find that their usual watering hole has been occupied by some West African Crocodiles waiting expectantly for a take out...

Irregular Miniatures Antelope with add-on wire horns and PP Crocs

Neil

martin goddard

Excellent pieces Neil.
It is good to see those touches that link the game mechanics with a visual tick

martin :)

sukhe_bator (Neil)

Thx Martin,
Those Crocs of yours are a joy to paint. As soon as I discovered I had a legitimate reason to use them in a desert setting I had to have some! The question is do I populate every river/water hole piece with one or keep some in reserve as pets for my Warlord? A 'Live and Let Die'-esque set piece springs to mind...perhaps with an arms trader trying to shoo one away by waving his hat!? Since I have more than one figure, one could be 'expendable/lunch'! ;D

I was a bit disheartened at first to see the Irregular antelope without horns but the notch and U shaped copper wire adaptation worked out rather well I thought...

Neil

Colonel Kilgore

Neil,

I have some crocs on a marsh scenic base, and another on my general's base as his pet / enforcer.

I think the general rule is that you can't have too many PP crocs in an AK47 game!

Simon

sukhe_bator (Neil)

I used the sunny holiday weather to lay out all my AK47 R scenics for the very first time... not in any particular gaming arrangement but simply to show the extent of my Sahel world-building to date...

Neil

Colonel Kilgore

That is a nice collection, Neil. And all the pieces blend in well together - these will no doubt look fantastic in a game!

Simon

sukhe_bator (Neil)

The Alfellaga gain two powerful additions to the roster, a pair of second-hand Comets (courtesy of a wealthy patron named Butler ;) ). They are decked out in ID flashes with the popular red 'yazz' motif of the Tuareg, and lettering in Tifinagh script ('one' and 'two'). The sky blue crescent and star emblem of the movement are also emblazoned on the turret bustle and the front glacis to deter wannabe rebel RPG heroes scoring a blue-on-blue hit.
I'm not sure whether to indulge in small Alfellaga pennons flying from the aerials.

Neil

Colonel Kilgore

Nice, Neil!

I think tanks should always have aerials with pennons on them when historically justified (as they clearly are here). They just look cool  :)

Simon

Anatoli

Wow !!
All your elements bring an atmosphere to the table... This is superb !
Great work !

Cheers,

Xavier

sukhe_bator (Neil)

Thanks, guys,
I'd better get the pin vice out... ;D

Neil

Smiley Miley 66

Simon do you mean something like this ?
Miles

Colonel Kilgore

Very nice, Miles.

You're just missing the little flags on top  ;)

Simon

sukhe_bator (Neil)

Hickzackerly!
Just need to figure out how big they should be - the flag wielding insurgents seen on the news riding Toyotas tend to brandish quite large banners... I guess there'd be an optimal size to attach to a radio aerial without risk of breakage.

Neil

Colonel Kilgore

Quote from: sukhe_bator (Neil) on April 19, 2023, 06:55:55 PM
Hickzackerly!
Just need to figure out how big they should be - the flag wielding insurgents seen on the news riding Toyotas tend to brandish quite large banners... I guess there'd be an optimal size to attach to a radio aerial without risk of breakage.

Neil

It also depends on what you use for the aerial. I have some 0.33mm nickel silver "rod" for my aerials, which is nice and springy. I'm assuming that 0.35mm would be almost as good  ;D

Simon