Old Western box contents

Started by Sean Clark, September 12, 2024, 11:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Clark

I'm working on my Western forces at the moment. I already have a force that can be Posse/Gunmen/Lawmen, but I've had US Cavalry and Plains Indian for a while.

They are the old 'black box' packs Peter Pig used to do. Incredibly useful. I must have bought a dozen or more over the years including ACW, ECW, Samurai,PBI, PitS, AK47 and AWI armies. As someone who likes to have both sides for a game, they were an ideal '1 click' purchase, especially at shows. I could just pick up the box, hand it to Nigel and the transaction was done. It saved Nigel both time in rooting out 26 separate packs from the racks and also I imagine his back as he wasn't bent over looking for each individual pack  ;D

Anyhow, I've now based up both forces ready for a spray and quick paint job. I thought it would be nice for anyone else thinking of getting into the game to have an idea of what they might need. Hence here are pictures of the contents of both box sets.

I did ask Jeeves to iron them whilst he was doing my copy of the Times, but he forgot. Tut tut.