Bases for my AK vehicles.

Started by Sean Clark, August 02, 2024, 11:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Clark

Those of a nervous disposition may need to look away.

Inspired by new AK47, I've revisited my collection for the first time in years. It was looking a bit tatty, which in one way is more than appropriate. 

However I decided what my vehicles needed were bases. This is my wheeled vehicle collection. Bases for my dozen or so tanks are on order.

Wardy64

Nice job Sean, I always base my vehicles. Heresy, I know.

D&B

martin goddard

I hail that Sean.
make the vehicles stronger against  damage.
Blends them with units too.

Good job

martin :)

Colonel Kilgore

Bases are indeed better, Sean  ;)

Simon

martin goddard

Bases also encourage under base labelling. I find that useful in PBI for AP and armour numbers.
Sometimes a blob of putty is needed under the vehicle or behind the wheels if the wheel contact is not enough for handling stresses?

martin :)

Colonel Kilgore

That's why I like your metal vehicles, Martin. Solid!  :D

Simon

Bankinista

One point to bear in mind, especially for ASDA games or the like, is that bases make "Toys" into "Models" for Jo Public, Probably particulalry pertinant for AK games where lot of "toys" can be used.

Derek of Cambridge

Sean Clark

Smiley Miley 66

I am not a huge fan of bases, but now with 3D armoured cars for WW1 and SCW being so small and delicate and some plastic models for the same reason I am starting to do the same now.
Miles

Leman (Andy)

Always been keen to base vehicles, limbers, artillery. Just seems so obvious when the figures are based, even inskirmish games.