Square bashing 3rd August

Started by John Watson, July 29, 2024, 10:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Watson

On 3rd August Martin, Derek, Alan, Miles and I are Square bashing at Wessex Wargames Society. If anyone else wants to attend they are welcome as well. Just let me know on here so we can adjust the games.
WWS meets every Saturday fortnight at Colbery Memorial Hall near Ashurst in the New Forest. The long meeting (1st in the month) starts at 1000 and goes on until 1800. First meeting is free, otherwise it is £6 for members and an additional £2 for non members. Bring your own lunch. There is a tuck shop selling crisps, pop and chocolate (very healthy!). Further details about the club are on their website.
John

martin goddard

Good news John.

Shall we have 1 or 2 tables?
What armies do we have/can we bring.

I can bring up to 4 if that helps.

martin :)

Moggy

I have Italian, Turks and Arab Revolt.  Would be good to do something other than the standard British/French vs German.

Its a shame no-one has a boxer rebellion army or something for the Russo-Japanese war. Maybe a future project?

Derek

martin goddard

I volunteer to bring my snow scenery.
I will bring a Serbian army.

Maybe game 1= paired. Game 2= singles?

Alan ?  Miles?  your thoughts?

John Watson

I have Belgians 1914, Austrians 1915 and British 1916-18. I can bring a table too. If we don't get any extra gamers then I would suggest first game doubled up as Alan hasn't played it before. Miles and I have only played a few times. Second game could be singles depending on how folks feel.
John

martin goddard

OK John
Pairs then singles.
We will need to book a second table in the am or it will have gone by pm?

I suggest we leave out the later war B rits as they are a decent army and all the others mentioned are pretty Average.

Italians, Turks, Belgians, Austrians and Serbians. All pretty normal average armies. Most players can use them easily without being a skilled SB player? All can have some cavalry and no overpowering barrage ability.

Wardy64

Hi Chaps

Ben is interested in joining in on 3 August, if that is ok? If its ok, can he please borrow an army, as we only have late war British and German.

Best wishes

D&B

martin goddard

That is even better.
2 Tables. 2 players on each?

Maybe I can umpire both games both times. Thus we have equilibrium?

John Watson

Ben is more than welcome. There will be spare armies. Turn up at 1000 or I can pick him up on my way. Let me know if you want a lift.
Martin, I think we have 6. You, me, Alan, Miles, Derek and Ben. Unless you know different. If so It will be 3 per table.
John

martin goddard

That is good.
Miles has played a fair few games, so can lead one table?

Smiley Miley 66

I know my way around the rule book, and rules within reason. Still learning. But I know enough to lead a table. I ve only got LW Brits so I will need to burrow an Army.
Dave I thought you had done a mid war British army ? East Mediterranean/Palestine ?
Something I want to do myself eventually.
What about scenery?
Miles

martin goddard

I suggest we leave out the later war Brits as they are a decent army and all the others mentioned are pretty average.

Italians, Turks, Belgians, Austrians and Serbians.
If that sounds OK, then we have the 5 armies.

All pretty normal average armies. Most players can use them easily without being a skilled SB player? All can have some cavalry and no overpowering barrage ability.

If John brings a table and martin brings a table, we have our two tables.
Everyone happy with these proposals?

Moggy

Wardy64

Hi, John many thanks for the offer of a lift but Ben will drive across.

D&B

Wardy64

Miles.
These are some of the middle east Brits, painted as Lancashire Fusiliers there are also Anzacs and light horse. The armies are about 70/80% painted, but not enough are based to play them yet. It is a never ending project a bit like the Zulu's that Ben wants painted before I snuff it!

D&B