Added 2 more CK battles

Started by martin goddard, July 11, 2024, 04:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin goddard

Being housebound I spent the day watching the neighbours adding two more scenario battles. This gets the total to 20.

1. Romans v Britons.  Brentford.  54BC
2. Carthaginians v Romans.  River Metaurus  207BC

Both interesting and playable games.

martin :)

https://www.peterpig.co.uk/CK%20battles.html

Richardwills

Brilliant.  Look great. Thanks Martin.

Martin Smith

Any battle with the founder of a famous chain of coffee shops as general gets my vote....🙂. Nice one.

Colonel Kilgore

Quote from: Martin Smith on July 11, 2024, 08:02:48 AMAny battle with the founder of a famous chain of coffee shops as general gets my vote....🙂. Nice one.

I'd never previously heard of General Starbuck, but this is the beauty of learning history while playing with toy soldiers  ;D

Simon

martin goddard

Ah yes, I do great research(?)

Forst22

Is it me?

Looking at the battle of Brentford. The Roman general 2 is in blue, and I can't see any deployment criteria for them except " sneak attack on chariots" , is this meant to be a flank attack of some kind (with more units than usual) or what?

Thanks

martin goddard

Hello Graham
They start the game in those positions. This means they can get going in turn 1.
The blue general (2) is Androgeus. The units in his colour are his own native units. They decided to outflank their own countrymen. Shame on them.

Forst22

I understand that, but it's not clear on the map which general 2 belongs to which side,  is the troops with the B suffix meant to be British  (on the right) and the ones without the suffix the Roman allies (on the left) or doesn't it matter?

martin goddard

OK no problem Graham.

The initial position of Roman and their allied units are all in one colour.
The Britons are in the other colour.

The colours match the army composition description.
Just match the army composition list (above and below the battle map) with the same coloured rectangles on the  battle map.

Do give a report back on how the battle goes Graham

Forst22

That's the problem!

There is no colour coding on the map, only in the army box underneath! The Units on the the map are all black text!.some have a letter B after them, but no explanation as to which force B applies.

martin goddard

I did not know that the colours had not come through Graham. Sorry.

https://www.peterpig.co.uk/CK%20scenario%2019%20Brentford%20V4%20PORTUGESE.pdf

Can I ask for others to try to use this page and see if the colours are on the map or not.
This is an investigation!
I can get the master document and re-colour it in new colours if that is the problem.
This is no big task, but I need to see where the problem is.

thanks

Forst22

Just looked at it again (3rd time), and it might be me !

Was looking for blue text on the map to go with the blue text in the army list box, but you have actually colour coded the whole boxes yellow and pink! Completely missed that!

Age is getting to me!

Sorry

martin goddard

No problem Graham.

All sorted.

martin

John Watson

Perhaps using different fonts might help. San Serif for the good guys and Times Roman for the baddies!
John

Leman (Andy)

The colours appeared very clearly when I pushed my laptop screen back and down. Prior to that they appeared mauve and white.