New film = HORIZON

Started by martin goddard, June 27, 2024, 07:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin goddard

There is a new film called "Horizon".
It is a  Western. Looks good.

It is all about the post office computer gang  versus the local postmasters.
I think it will be a tough fight for the local postmasters, as the baddies have all the power.
However Costner will probably make the film so that the good guys win, eventually against all odds? Much more satisfying.

This is the first episode, which means the bad guys will be back?

martin :)

Sean Clark

The trailer looks good, although it looks and feels like any other Western story ever made.

The involvement of Fujitsu and their super computers would turn the genre on its head!

John Watson

The hero of the film will be a character called Frank. He will stamp his mark on things by following the letter of the law. The bad guys will be tracked, parcelled up and delivered to the judge. The good guys will have to cover the courthouse during the trial. The defendants will not remember receiving any communications from the boss and will blame each other in a time honoured way. After the trial the boss said "I guess we was licked".
John

martin goddard

Amen John.
Righteous.

Colonel Kilgore

Quote from: John Watson on June 27, 2024, 10:13:52 AMThe hero of the film will be a character called Frank. He will stamp his mark on things by following the letter of the law. The bad guys will be tracked, parcelled up and delivered to the judge. The good guys will have to cover the courthouse during the trial. The defendants will not remember receiving any communications from the boss and will blame each other in a time honoured way. After the trial the boss said "I guess we was licked".
John

Perhaps some will be strung up from a post too, John?  ;)

Simon

Sean Clark

martin goddard

So long as the back office wrapping guys are not rustling?