Are statistical cards going out of fashion.

Started by martin goddard, June 11, 2024, 05:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin goddard

The playing card sized items which have a picture and lots of statistical information about a tank, warrior etc.
I see a few less of them. Based on casual observation not grown up study of course. :-[

I don't like them, but many do.
They often  create only small differences between cards. 

martin :)

Sean Clark

The Flames of War latest version uses cards with all of the numbers you need for a unit. The problem is people lose cards fairly easily. They do look pretty. 

Colonel Kilgore

I expect you can buy spare cards quite easily, as long as you don't mind paying for a dozen tanks that come with them, Sean?  ;D

Simon

Bankinista

Data cards of all types tend to end up on the table covering up troops and scenery. (Why did anyone take time carving, modelling, painting etc.) At best these cards can be an off table abstraction to argue about. At worst ..............

Derek of Cambridge

martin goddard

Cards allow players to shout "snap"?

martin :)

Leman (Andy)

Not currently being a post-1920 player, I've never come across them. As a solo player I do like card decks though.

Smoking gun

I can see they have a place. It depends on the complexity of the rules and saves looking through 5 pages of stats looking for the exact variant of the tank you need for Tuesday afternoon on the Russian front in May 1942.

Generally speaking I don't play rules that can't be condensed onto a double sided A4 playsheet in a "normal" font size.Best

Best wishes,
Martin from Grimsby

Leman (Andy)

Quote from: Smoking gun on June 12, 2024, 07:40:55 PMGenerally speaking I don't play rules that can't be condensed onto a double sided A4 playsheet in a "normal" font size.Best
My sentiments entirely.