First of my Ancient Germans for C&K

Started by Sean Clark, March 29, 2024, 02:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Clark

I've made a start on my German army for C&K.

There are 15 close order warband type, 7 foot skirmisher and 3 mounted skirmisher units plus two generals, around 15 half bases and 16 casualty bases.

Just missing some regular cavalry and that will be all the options. But the plan is to paint this lot first and play a couple of games with them before I add the cavalry.

Colonel Kilgore

They look nice, Sean.

The C&K rewrite has certainly given Ancients a new lease of life.

Simon

Sean Clark

It has. I've never been much of an Ancients gamer but I have two armies now and a third is a definite possibility.

martin goddard

What is in your German army Sean?

martin :)

Sean Clark

Quote from: martin goddard on March 29, 2024, 09:39:57 PMWhat is in your German army Sean?

There are 15 close order warband type, 7 foot skirmisher and 3 mounted skirmisher units plus two generals, around 15 half bases and 16 casualty bases.

martin goddard

That sounds good Sean.
Have you made any warbands veteran?
 They are vital for a  big smack effect at one point.

Sean Clark

To be honest it's based on the example list in the book, with a couple of extra units for good measure. So there will be elite and veteran troops.

Hopefully won't take long to paint and then I'll take them to the club to have a stroll through the Teutoberg Wald in case any pesky Romans are around.

Leman (Andy)

Sean Clark

These took longer to finish than I anticipated. I definitely  ran out of steam trying to paint the whole army once.

They're done now though and I'm happy with them which is all that matters.  I'll try and tidy up the base edges when I find time.

Colonel Kilgore

Well done Sean - that is a good job jobbed, and they do look the part!

Simon

Moggy

martin goddard

Sean Clark

Challenge accepted!

I'll bring them to the Weekender ;D

martin goddard

I will bring along Greek hoplites.

Leman (Andy)

Great feeling to ccomplete an army. Looks very good Sean.