Weymouth Piggy Weekend 2023

Started by Stewart 46A, October 28, 2023, 01:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Kilgore

Well, the models are lovely!

Simon

Sean Clark

I'm still at the hospital awaiting blood results. Arrived at 0830hrs, needle went into my arm at 0836hrs.

The upshot is I'll likely be a late arrival. Google maps tells me I have a 5 hour 20 minute drive.

Although I've now had the all clear for the second time for my cancer, I'm not feeling particularly  well, so I'll be taking my time. Hopefully arrive in time for a game tonight, but I think I'll be missing dinner at the pub.

See you later!

Colonel Kilgore

Take it easy, Sean - no rush.

Looking forward to seeing you whenever you get there.

Simon

Stewart 46A

Well all packed for the weekend of gaming

Guinness, Rum oh and some figures

Stewart

Colonel Kilgore

Well done Stewart.

The car is packed and I'm heading off once I've eaten.

Hope to be there around 16:30.

Simon

Smoking gun

Hi All,
I hope you have a good time. Please take lots of photos.

Best wishes,
Martin from Grimsby

Colonel Kilgore

Thank you to everyone who turned up to play and/or put on games this weekend. A real mix of periods and genres.

Special thanks to Stewart for organising the whole thing.

Simon

Colonel Kilgore

I forgot to take many photos, amid the excitement of the games in which I was participating. But have a few.

First up are some of the newly-published Conquerors & Kings rules games that Martin was running:

The last three are from my game playing Egyptians against Weymouth Mike & Martin's freshly cast Macedonian force.

Simon

Colonel Kilgore

I ran a Vietnam downed aircrew rescue scenario from the MOCB rulebook. We were all a little rusty on the core rules, but this scenario made an interesting change from the normal VC or NVA game, since the aircrew have to be searched for in jungle and bamboo squares.

With thanks to Stewart for the loan of his American force.

Simon

Colonel Kilgore

An AWI game happened at some point - I missed the subsequent action.

Simon

Colonel Kilgore

Eric and I played Stewart's Pirate Land Raid three times on Friday night. Stewart has a great set-up, and it's a very fast and fun little game.

Simon

Colonel Kilgore

A very bloody SCW game was fought out last night. John's very nice Assault Guards beat what I think was a Republican force, although to be honest there weren't many figures from either side left standing at the end.

Simon

Colonel Kilgore

My final game saw Derek and me (Indians) playing against Miles's assorted 7th Cavalry, wagon trains, stage coaches, settlers and townsfolk in Stewart's rather magnificent take on a Pony Wars-inspired game using the RFCM Western rules mechanics.

I'm keen to play this one again - ideally on the full 12' x 4' table it was designed for when we have a few more figures.

Simon

Moggy

Thanks to everyone for coming and making a great weekend, Special Thanks to Stewart for organising it.

Mat,    Eventually found the where I bought the cactus.  (  https://www.modelscenerysupplies.co.uk/model-cactus?search=CACTUS&description=true   ).  £5.20 for a sprue of 12.

Cheers

Derek

Comstar

Quote from: Moggy on November 26, 2023, 07:28:34 PMThanks to everyone for coming and making a great weekend, Special Thanks to Stewart for organising it.

Mat,    Eventually found the where I bought the cactus.  (  https://www.modelscenerysupplies.co.uk/model-cactus?search=CACTUS&description=true   ).  £5.20 for a sprue of 12.

Cheers

Derek

Thanks Derek ill be getting some soon

Cheers Matt