Washington's Army - British Loyalist Column

Started by Moggy, April 30, 2023, 02:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moggy

Almost finished....for the moment.  Flags need a little touch up at the edges when dry but apart from that its done.  Need a break from painting for a while

Now have 4 Line Regiments, 1 Light Infantry, 3 Battalion Guns, 5 Militia and 4 Indians (3 still having bases drying).

Have plenty more to paint and base yet and more in the post from Martin.

In case anyone was wondering the shiny element on the command bases is acrylic Nails (#1.50 for a box of about 20 in Savers). Take glue well and show up waterbased pens clearly and wipe clean nicely.

Derek

Stewart 46A

Very good Derek,
You want to be British on the play day then?

Stewart

Moggy

Bear in mind that I was working on French Indian War and haven't started on the French so had little choice LOL.  Yep, will be Loyalist and see how it goes.

IN time I will do the French and then a Revolutionary force.

Derek

Sean Clark

Lovely work Derek. Them boys will fight!

Not sure I've seen anyone use the Loyalists before. Good choice 👌

Moggy

Nearly finished another Line regiment to add to the throng. Cant quite get away from having some redcoats on the field.

Derek

martin goddard

That is a nice army Derek

I have never fielded a loyalist army but do want to see how they perform.
I have spare units if you wanted me to bring anything along for you.

martin :)

Moggy

No, I think I have plenty. In fact I have surplus Indians!  I thought it was chiefs that were always too many of for some reason!

Not going to have the field guns I now have painted but it doesn't matter for the Loyalists as they only have Battalion guns.  Thanks for the offer though.

Derek

Moggy

Late arrivals for the column have arrived.

The 22nd Regiment of Foot (Cheshire) (My old Regiment) - Yes they were in America at the time of the French Indian Wars although the flag I have used is theirs but from a later period. Don't look TOO closely at the battle honours on it LOL.

And they rounded up another 3 groups of Indians to help out.

Derek

Leman (Andy)

I must admit, this could become a small sideshow of my SYW collection.

Moggy

Just wait,  after this gaming weekend I start on doing the French. Well, off on holiday for a fortnight but may get round to starting on them lol

Derek

Leman (Andy)

Moggy

YAY, finally found the motivation to start on the French.

Wont start with basing/Flags until I have a LOT more done but it is a start!. Only another 12/13 to go LOL

Derek

martin goddard

Very nice Drek. Did you see Richard's rather good basing technique?
It would set your figures off very nicely I think.
(Richard picture?)

martin :)

Moggy

May have missed that one. which forum is it in?

Derek

Richardwills

Here you are:   Smear of general purpose putty across base; set figures in that and leave to set.
                       Paint base with pale mix of burnt ochre paint.  The Works sell big tubes by Crawford and Black.
                       PVA glue around figures bases and the setting in the putty and apply flock.

I tend to save basing until I have a lot to do and apply production line principles!

Richard