The development of the WoTR range

Started by sukhe_bator (Neil), March 07, 2022, 02:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sukhe_bator (Neil)

This has probably been covered elsewhere, but do we know the likely scale of the overhaul of the wars of the Roses figure range?... Given there are only so many hours in the day, not to mention he only has one pair of hands and still needs to remain healthy and sane... does Martin plan a fulsome range a la Mex Rev. or a minor upscaling of the available packs to inject more figure choice?
Enquiring minds are keen to know... ;)

Colonel Kilgore

Quote from: sukhe_bator (Neil) on March 07, 2022, 02:48:22 PM
This has probably been covered elsewhere, but do we know the likely scale of the overhaul of the wars of the Roses figure range?...

Neil,

My money is on 15mm  ;)

Simon

sukhe_bator (Neil)

Ho Ho, I rather walked into that one didn't I?! :D

martin goddard

I am waiting on the household bill men.  3 packs.
After that I will assess what is most urgent.
The workshop has given me a whole long list of re do jobs.

The Mexican range is not quite finished either.

As always it is good to be appreciated but I will avoid being too informative in case I fail to achieve the "promises". ???

I think the next job for Julie will be to implement a price rise. :(

martin :)

sukhe_bator (Neil)

Completely understandable, Martin. Looking forward to seeing the household troops
I look forward to everything that comes out of the PP stable at whatever pace is comfortable for you... more Mex Rev eh? you spoil us so ;)
We all appreciate your hard work and that of your dedicated team. If our recruitment drives in the future take more than a shilling a day per man then so be it!

Leman (Andy)

Being out of the country now I prefer to wait on developments and put in one biggish order.

Leman (Andy)

Having just done the above, along come these sword and buckler and flag bearer packs, which is actually great news. This is really spoiling us WotR fans, so thanks very much Martin.

martin goddard

sukhe_bator (Neil)

Sword and buckler troops of that period could be employed in the Reconquista against the kingdom of Granada and possibly even Portuguese incursions on the Moroccan coast... just a thought

Leman (Andy)

Leman (Andy)

Three new packs of command and the intriguing blank 71 slot. I wonder what that will be?

Leman (Andy)

Great to see the photos of all the current new figures up. Will need to sort out command stands for first St Albans, including the relevant flags and standards, then sort out figures to match the lists, giving the units generic flags so that they can be used with any of the scenarios. Once I have the games underway I can let people know how many figures of what type I used for the entire history of the wars. I hope some Irish appear before I get to 1487. St Albans buildings are coming along nicely, with a small half-timbered house being fitted in with my Italian Wars houses.

sukhe_bator (Neil)

ooooh Nice command figs! ;D.
That's the one thing about not gaming mainland England... i miss half-timbered houses!
Since I'm an Essex/Cambs lad I have visited Snorbens on several occasions and often wondered about both battles... maybe I'll do a couple of houses just for nostalgia's sake... ;)

Colonel Kilgore

With the mix of figures currently available (particularly before the "old" sculpts are phased out) there is no excuse for any two command stands to look the same!

I especially like the "fighting" command figure on the right, who really looks as though he means business - very "they don't like it up 'em".

Nice work again, Mr Pig!

Simon

Fat Wally

Lovely new figures to what is an outstanding range anyhow.

I have two vast WoTR Pig armies for Impetus, with still about eight more units per side to paint at some stage.

That said, when the cashflow improves, I know full well that I'll be ordering all the character packs and new ones too.  Just love the period and look.

Busy with commission work so as a project it might have to wait until 2023