Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Undercoat paint  (Read 241 times)

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Undercoat paint
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 03:52:02 PM »
Agreed, Miles - the lack of detail clogging is a big plus!

Simon

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 06:00:38 PM »
I confess to being bit of a skim reader, but I think I have got the detail right.

Did I hear right?
Miles is using a Badger to paint with?
Added to which Sean  admits to covering Graham Evans in emulsion paint.
This is all very concerning.

martin ???

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2021, 10:56:00 AM »
White spray primer every time.
Used Halfords White primer for years, never had any problems.  It goes on soft polythene figures, hard plastic figures, plastic vehicles and all metal vehicles and figures.

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2021, 03:23:33 PM »
Les The problem nowadays is the likes of Halfords have out priced themselves on these “Cheap” Primer sprays and the loss of the Cheap Car accessories shops in the BCP area the past few years as well, and the smell and Spray area needed etc, hence my decision to buy a full Airbrush and compressor kit in 2019. Once I Personally put the pros and cons and what else I could use it for, made it to me a cheap option as I had tried the market for several of the big brand primers and found the “Stynylrez” one the best.
 Doing it the old way by brush maybe the other manufacturers might suffice. But the above does well both ways so to me an all round primer. Yes everyone does have their own way around this issue.
Miles

sukhe_bator (Neil)

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2021, 03:40:33 PM »
I'm a spray primer person and I find working in 15mm a little goes a long way and the adhesion is better on metals with spray. I have experienced limited success with brushed on paint. I do however have access to a back garden so (weather permitting) I have a well lit spray booth with good ventilation... horses for courses I suppose...