Dogs of War film

Started by martin goddard, July 21, 2024, 08:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin goddard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dogs_of_War_(film)

I think this is a good film. It is set in the right background for AK too.
Lots of berets, jungle, Landrovers and Dakotas.

Anyone else seen it.  Like it??

martin :)

Nick

Not seen it for years, but I remember it as a good one, along with The Wild Geese, of course.

Nick

Colonel Kilgore

I've got the book and DVD. Both are great. Very AK47  :)

Simon

martin goddard

Wild Geese and Dogs of war set the scene nicely.

Hman

I feel the Dogs of War, the better film, the book is also great read.

Perhaps with the new AK Rules, perhaps some new figures although based on the book and not the film; some figures with MP40's and bolt action rifles.

Howard

Ps: that said in the film, Derek with the M60 would make a great character figure!

Moggy

OY!,  I resemble that remark!

Derek

Sean Clark

I watched it recently.  It's a great documentary on Mercenary activity in Africa 😂

I've not seen Wild Geese for a while. I'll look it up.

Colonel Kilgore

Quote from: Moggy on July 21, 2024, 05:12:28 PMOY!,  I resemble that remark!

Derek

The problem with featuring as one of Martin's special figures is that you usually need to be dead first to qualify as a subject...

Simon

Moggy

Anyway, I don't fancy carrying around a M60. They are Bl****y heavy and I have a bad back!.

Derek

martin goddard

I did carry the GPMG for a few exercises, but it is  as Derek said, jolly heavy.
The M60 (pig) was often carried by the big chap in US platoons. Thus, the big chap was a sought after target by the VC/NVA.

Wardy64

Hils swears by her Sterling!  ;)

John Watson

First Christopher Walken film I saw. Been a fan of his ever since. Enjoyed the film and the book.
John

KevinS

Dogs of war is a very good film (little dated now) followed by wild geese, but if you want to watch more in-depth films try: ' 15 minutes of war'(based around FFL and Somalia highjack of a school bus), 'beasts of no nation', (boys soldiers), battle of jaboville (in Irish soldiers in the 1960's), blackhawk down (us troops in 1980s) and my favourite 'tears of the sun (us special forces to rescue a doctor).  I have to much time, but I do like to research my new projects.

Colonel Kilgore

Quote from: Wardy64 on July 22, 2024, 06:23:23 PMHils swears by her Sterling!  ;)

You have a classy wife, Dave  :D

Simon

Stewart 46A

Thanks for the reminder, watched dogs of war this afternoon

Stewart