Special scenery piece AK

Started by martin goddard, July 16, 2024, 09:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin goddard

Here is a special scenery piece for AK PE.
I will do it as a MILL article too.

martin :)

Colonel Kilgore

martin goddard

Thanks Simon.
Took me all day whilst off manual work.

Nick

That's an intriguing looking building Martin!

regards,
Nick

Nickdives

Looks splendid, a rhino horn processing plant that must be captured and shut down before the fiends escape!

Sean Clark

That's set the bar rather high. I will do mine this week before going away down to deepest darkest Bridport on holiday 🙂

sukhe_bator (Neil)

Ooh, that's rather nice, Martin!

Neil

Smoking gun

Excellent, very imaginative. I would have made something similar to the Airfix Engine Shed of my youth.

Best wishes,
Martin from Grimsby

sukhe_bator (Neil)

I'm adding this more for the sense of community than the challenge since it has already appeared on the FB group... still, my Berber highland village on my 'standard' 8 x 8" scenery template... just a bit of scatter and vegetation to add (and maybe a dog or two...)

Neil

Sean Clark

Smiley Miley 66

Very nice is that a 12 x 6 piece ?
What's the special piece for or called ?
My "Olive Factory" might do for now ?
Miles

martin goddard

Neil, that village is great. The stacked up look is well captured.  Good job

sukhe_bator (Neil)

Thanks, Martin
You did a lovely weathering job on that factory.

I showed the Berber village as I reckon you could achieve something similar on a 12"x 6" footprint, possibly a steep path flanked by stepped houses culminating in a watchtower or headman's house at one end and you have a little more space on the longer template. The Dogon mud houses in Mali are truly inspirational for the modeller... not that dissimilar from the Pueblo architecture of New Mexico

https://www.archdaily.com/868010/how-a-return-to-vernacular-architecture-can-benefit-the-people-of-malis-dogon-region/58d9683ce58ecec1a1000187-how-a-return-to-vernacular-architecture-can-benefit-the-people-of-malis-dogon-region-image

Neil

sukhe_bator (Neil)

I was thinking a 12" x 6" template would lend itself to a railway station or jungle airstrip rather nicely...

Neil

martin goddard

Miles has done that with hi snice railway station. He might put a picture here?