AK People's Edition Rules Queries

Started by Sean Clark, July 03, 2024, 05:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin goddard

Sean has it right. This is about set number 30 of published RFCM rules.

martin :)

martin goddard

Thanks Nick
I will get another version out at the weekend (or before).
Are the helicopter rules clear? I am working at them.

Nick

Quote from: martin goddard on July 04, 2024, 09:49:36 AMThanks Nick
I will get another version out at the weekend (or before).
Are the helicopter rules clear? I am working at them.

Helicopter rules look good, and are mostly clear Martin. These are the bits that perhaps need clarifying...

Duration section - "Each owner turn the owner will roll a d6 (no roll)" - I think that the brackets should say no re-roll
Being shot at section - "Heavy armour, mortars and RCL cannot shoot at helicopters. These weapons can shoot from proximity range too." These 2 sentences seems contradictory.
Finally, "Each score of 6 deducts 1 from the helicopter duration. No saving rolls are applied." If the intention is that shooting at helicopters only affects it's duration in the game, and not actually destroys it, then I think that could be more clear stated at the start of the helicopter rules.

regards,
Nick

Sean Clark

Which version are you quoting from Nick?

Nick

Nick

That is indeed different to my version G  :)

Nick

Sean Clark

Ahhh. I was getting confused by looking at F  ;D

Sean Clark

Deleted the previous! It was from F

Sean Clark

Read G now.

I say 'booooo!' if we can't shoot the helicopter down! 😂🤣😅

It's always one of the best bits of the game in Vietnam.

Plus a Blackhawk Down game would be very difficult  :)

martin goddard

I am sure it could be deployed as a destroyed chopper on the count of 12?

Sean Clark

Sean Clark

I've just relaised there's no stream/river scenery.

Is this something that can be considered as I've just bought and painted a lovely steel girder bridge 😂

martin goddard

I will certainly think about river stream.  However, Africa is famous for bridges that go nowhere. They are corrupt projects by African leaders.

ie. A bridge costs 1 million. You give me an invoice for 3 million. 2 million in my family fund. You can build any bridge you fancy with any materials. Sorted.

martin goddard

I will get a new version out this weekend.

Dex13

Prepping for my first PE game this evening, slightly later than many of you.

Some basic queries (and sorry if already covered elsewhere that I can't find) but...

1) Where you pay additional points for extra items (e.g. 2 mortars) do those specific extra items have to go in the same unit or can I split them? I didn't see this specified in the 'L' version I am reading. Page 20 says foot crewed items are added to existing foot units, plural, which implies to me I could split them.
2) Do I have to spend the 17 points? Page 20 says I 'can' spend them but doesn't say I must. Is there any possible benefit from not spending them? Should there be?
3) I get that buying extra tanks or vehicles creates a new unit. If I buy two sets of vehicles does this create two new units or can I merge them into one?

Cheers

Dex