AK bases getting ready for PE

Started by martin goddard, July 01, 2024, 03:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin goddard

I have just smartened up bases from my AK collection in readiness for AK47  PE.
In particular, I have labeled weapon bases for  clarity.

You can see here RCL, mortar, MG and Generals.
Notice that RPG bases are no longer marker out. Every normal foot base can have an RPG potential.
I have made 4 generals. A bigger base to help out players.
The unit leader bases are labelled either P,R or M (very clever) ,as per their unit quality.

martin :)

Moggy

Think I will have to rebase mine and get some more troops. Got plenty of vehicles.

Another thought.  I have loads of Arabs from Arab revolt army (SB). The ones in robes can be militia the others in uniform with head-dresses can be regular/veterans.  Will have to dig that box of stuff out and see what I have.

Derek

Nick

Yes, I intend to update some bases. Add in the RPG figures to normal foot bases, and sort out some new bases to be unit leaders.
Everything else should be fine.

Nick

Colonel Kilgore

Nice and clear, Martin - good job.

Simon

Smiley Miley 66

Of course the only problem with re basing the RPGs. You won't be able to use them for other versions ?
So looks like for now. What I have I will have to do is  muddle thru, but hopefully got enough bases for each not to have to worry about the separate RPG bases ?
I want to make a new 1950/60s into very early 70s British force with Bedford RLs and the 6 wheeled vehicles? That sort of fits ADENs look ? I ve got modified PP Centurions that are mark 5 plus with a different rear end.
Miles

Hman

Hi everyone,

When the original draft rules were released, it was 3 Units of 7 bases, plus support options, roughly as I understood it 40ish infantry bases per army?

Is that correct, as I am going to be ordering some extra figures.

Howard

martin goddard

Good to see the brains and Brians buzzing.

1. You can still use RPG bases. They just count as normal bases. No problem at all.They don't need re labelling.

2. I have labelled my weapon bases to help any play testers that dip in and out. In addition it makes it very easy for me too. Weapon bases do not have to be labelled but I like the clarity.

3. Howard, you are correct.3 units of 7 bases. The 7, is 1 leader and 6 normal.  This gives 21 bases. If you add foot groups, these additions are 9/6/3  P/R/M.  Assuming 1 prof,1reg and 1 militia units. This might mean 6 more regular bases and 9 more militia bases. This gives 21 plus 15= 36 foot bases. Plus some vehicles.

An  invitation was sent out to all ,which gave us 14 play testers.
Howard, are you joining in the play testing?  Not compulsory of course.

Nick

Just checking on unit leaders before rebasing - unlike SCW, unit leaders can shoot. Is that right?

Thanks,
Nick

martin goddard

Indeed Nick they shoot.
The other big change is Generals +Bodyguard.
They do not count toward unit strength.
They do not shoot but can fight.

Hman

Quote from: martin goddard on July 01, 2024, 06:33:49 PMGood to see the brains and Brians buzzing.

An  invitation was sent out to all ,which gave us 14 play testers.
Howard, are you joining in the play testing?  Not compulsory of course.

Hi Martin, thank you for the kind invitation, but unfortunately, I am not able to assist; at the moment 'life' is getting in the way  :(

Howard

martin goddard

Sean Clark

Looking good Martin.

I'm the heat of battle, I find I can get confused over what is what. This is am excellent initiative to keep things clear for  both players.