(FOR SALE ) Painted and unpainted 15mm Pony Wars...

Started by Steve Nicholls, March 25, 2024, 02:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Nicholls

15mm painted Pony Wars figures...

US 7th. Cavalry

44 Mounted
Command Guidon sheets for both the 7th. and 10th. Cavalry
2 Cannon and two Gatling Guns
Settlers buildings and fences

Indians

35 Mounted Braves

Unpainted figures

US CAVALRY
Mounted 64 Foot 105
70 Horses for the dismounts
8 Cannon and limbers with 20 gunners
4 piece pack train
10 Settlers with 10 cattle.

INDIANS

6 Mounted 42 Foot
20 Piece Indian village figures and scatter
Pony Herd 9 pieces
Part painted Indian figures
10 Mounted 2 Foot

Please note, the Fort, Tepees and Cacti are not included in this sale. £250, this includes UK p+p

:)

martin goddard

That all looks very nice Steve. Was it made for the actual "Pony wars" game?
Did you enjoy that game?

martin :)

Steve Nicholls

Thanks for the kind words Martin. A project I started a couple of years ago to play using 'Yellow Ribbon rules. It kind of stalled when I went with 28mms.

::)

Colonel Kilgore

Oh dear - it was all going so well until you mentioned 28mm  ;D

Simon

Steve Nicholls

Take 'im out and shoot i'm...
deserter to the Dark Side of the Force!
 >:( 

Steve Nicholls

MODS:- PLEASE DELETE.

Items sold!

;D

Colonel Kilgore

Well done Steve!

Now, you just need to make sure to invest the proceedings in some nice new shiny 15mm figures (none of this 28mm stuff any more, now you're here with us) :)

Simon

Leman (Andy)

Doubt very much I'll be shot - more likely machiegunned then pelted with stones for having the gall to use 28mm, 18mm 2D, 12mm, 10mm, 8mm, 6mm, 3mm and 2mm. Ouch!

Colonel Kilgore

Quote from: Leman (Andy) on March 26, 2024, 03:32:18 PMDoubt very much I'll be shot - more likely machiegunned then pelted with stones for having the gall to use 28mm, 18mm 2D, 12mm, 10mm, 8mm, 6mm, 3mm and 2mm. Ouch!

Andy, you are a sinner.

However, salvation is possibe. You know what you need to do...  ;D

Simon

martin goddard

15mm is a lovely size.
Here is my pilgrim's progress.

Saw my first ones back in 1972, Peter Laing.
Went to the local model shop and he had a load that he had got as samples.
I bought them all for a couple of pounds and I think he was glad to be rid of them.

Then a range of 15mm appeared in a newsagent in Parkstone (Poole).

They looked a bit scraggy but I bought some.
They all disappeared within a month. I was too slow to find out details.

Then I started buying Peter Laing en masse. Built armies of ancients (sucessors and sassanids), ACW (Both sides, cast on flags), WW2 (skirmish British and Germans. I liked them) , colonial (dervish and British), WW1 (British and Germans). Loads of little tea card envelopes with sharp pins included.

Then I bought some Minifigs strips. ECW, Napoleonic, Samurai, ACW

Then Peter Pig ranges. See Wargames illustrated number 63 for the ACW line and Damned Yankees DBA rules.

Size of figures is a choice. I have gamed with most sizes of figures. They all have pros and cons. 
I still have 54mm ACW army, 1/200th armour, 5mm Napoleonics and other stuff.

I like 15mm the most though.

Sean Clark

I rememberthe DBA variant you did, Martin. We played it a couple of times at my club.

The article had a very nice photo of what I suspect were the first versions of your ACW range. They had some of my all time favourite sculpts in them amd I bought hundreds to play Fire and Fury with. We played Stones River at my club and the armies were 90% Peter Pig with the rest being from Old Glory if I remember correctly.

Actually my first 15mm figures were from Table Top Games. They were British and French Napoleonics using the To the Sound of The Guns rules, also from TTG.

I also had 15mm Essex ACW and we used a set of rules called Circa 1863. They had a chart for everything and more modifiers than you could shake a stick at.

martin goddard

Great news about those early PP figures Sean.
The moulds don't exist any more.
I sold those painted figures to a chap down in Tonbridge.
As per usual with sales I had wished I had kept them. I cannot see well enoght to do that same job again.

I think most folk on this forum were there at the very start of 15mm.

Steve Nicholls

I shall endeavour to gain redemption, by posting the 15mm, Hattin AAR!
 :-[

John Watson

My first 15mm figures were the original fat bellied Mike's Models Imperial Romans. I can't remember what happened to them but I don't have them any more. I graduated to the later Mike's Models renaissance range, many of which I still have, before getting into the Essex 15mm ranges as well as some Warrior ranges (ECW and Napoleonic). The Warrior figures were very cheap and some of the ranges were excellent. Other ranges of their's were very poor though. I also had Feudal castings and Minifigs Wars of the Roses figures, before I finally saw the light in the 1990's and discovered PP. Never looked back after that.
John

Colonel Kilgore

I too started with the Mike's Models Renaissance range.

I still have them all, albeit some flags fell off when I dropped a box recently  :'(

Simon