FOW based armies

Started by Daniele, November 08, 2023, 06:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniele

Hello everybody, it's Daniele from Italy. I have FOW based armies, I would like to know if is it possible to use them for playing PBI.
Thank you very much.
Daniele

Colonel Kilgore

Hi Daniele,

In PBI base size and figure numbers per base are not relevant, as everything is played in squares. So you should be fine for most of your force. You are likely going to need a bunch of casualty figures or markers though.

Simon

John Watson

An easy fix for casualties is to use coloured meeples. I do this when I cannot easily source casualty bases.
John

Daniele

How many casualties do you need per size? 10? 20?

Colonel Kilgore

I colour mine per platoon, and go for 6 casualties per platoon, which normally covers things.

When not, I "borrow" some from my weapons platoons (unpainted).

You should be safe with 8 per platoon, I think?

Simon

martin goddard

Daniele
I suggest like Simon 6 per platoon. The problem is that casualties need to belong to a particular platoon.
This means platoon A has it's own casualty markers and platoon B has their own casualty markers.

This means about 24 markers in total.
If this is a bit expensive for you then just use coloured counters.
Alternatively use coins with a letter painted upon them?

martin :)

Smiley Miley 66

In the old competition days, We always had the Rifle only bases as Rifles and the Ones with LMG's represent the LMG bases, as everything else is as per rules we found.
Causalities as per Rules. As FoW was becoming a popular rule set in the early noughties.
You might want to mark up the LMG bases with some paint mark to make them slightly different from the Rifle bases ?
Most of the other bases do have their equivalent?
If not make separate 2 figure LMG bases for the force to play ? But that's up to you and have all the Rifle- Rifle LMG bases as Rifle bases ?
But essentially if you make everything reasonably obvious to to most players even making a little chart if necessary to say what bases are what ?
Then carry on and play the rules.
Miles