A new range suggestion

Started by Lluis of Minairons, September 29, 2023, 10:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lluis of Minairons

Hi all,

I'd like to suggest an entirely new range devoted to the 1821-1829 Greek Revolution, comprising Greek fighters as well as Ottoman and vassal armies.

It can be a quite colourful range, and it can be expanded as much (or as little) as desired.

Besides, no one else makes this range in 15mm.

Some years ago there was a Greek maker doing it (Alphacast?); but it was a single man brand, so it ceased to exist when the owner passed away. The huge gap still remains worldwide.

Just for thinking around.

Lluís

sukhe_bator (Neil)

I have some of them! A GWI range would be superb with crossover potential with Ottoman Turkish forces in Europe, Turco-Egyptians and Royal Navy personnel as 'foreign advisors'.

Neil

Colonel Kilgore

Hang on a sec chaps - Martin hasn't yet built out the WW1 French cavalry packs any further  ;D

Simon

Panzer21

Quote from: Colonel Kilgore on September 29, 2023, 11:49:28 AMHang on a sec chaps - Martin hasn't yet built out the WW1 French cavalry packs any further  ;D

Simon

So why isn't he using both hands? What's he doing with the other one? ☺
Neil

Colonel Kilgore

Quote from: Panzer21 on September 29, 2023, 03:38:16 PM
Quote from: Colonel Kilgore on September 29, 2023, 11:49:28 AMHang on a sec chaps - Martin hasn't yet built out the WW1 French cavalry packs any further  ;D

Simon

So why isn't he using both hands? What's he doing with the other one? ☺
Neil

Exactly, Neil. The buying public needs answers!

Simon

John Watson

Bottom line is not how pretty it looks, and it does look pretty, but will it sell. How many potential PP customers have even heard of this conflict, let alone have any interest in it. I'm sorry to sound so negative because I want to spread the word about all forms of wargaming, but I also appreciate that for Martin it is more than just a hobby.
John

Leman (Andy)

Yes I've heard of it, but no I wouldn't have the time to invest in it.

Daniele

Quote from: John Watson on September 29, 2023, 10:59:00 PMBottom line is not how pretty it looks, and it does look pretty, but will it sell. How many potential PP customers have even heard of this conflict, let alone have any interest in it. I'm sorry to sound so negative because I want to spread the word about all forms of wargaming, but I also appreciate that for Martin it is more than just a hobby.
John
I'm not so sure this range wouldn't be  succesfull. Romantic period, great variety of troops with amazing look and it's not available by any other source.

Bankinista

PP tends to produce figures and rules as "a package" and so alternative/rival makers aren't as much of a consideration as might otherwise be the case. The bottom line is potential sales. I, myself, don't see much potential for interest in the 1820's Greek Revolution but who knows? Who saw modern Africa, via AK47, as being of interest? All such decisions must be Martin's with his business head on.

Bankinista

martin goddard

I am sure it would be  very interesting.
However, it is only me here.
Next 6 months are probably  devoted to ancients, WW2,AK,  ACW and ECW.
I get about 4 packs per month sculpted.
These calculations create a limit.
My major problem is what not to do rather than what to do.

None the less , new ideas are always welcome. I would not discourage new ideas.

martin :)

Daniele

Quote from: martin goddard on October 09, 2023, 07:40:50 AMI am sure it would be  very interesting.
However, it is only me here.
Next 6 months are probably  devoted to ancients, WW2,AK,  ACW and ECW.
I get about 4 packs per month sculpted.
These calculations create a limit.
My major problem is what not to do rather than what to do.

None the less , new ideas are always welcome. I would not discourage new ideas.

Hello Martin, last year you did the wonderful Carolingian range. What do you suggest for Welsh, Irish, Scottish? Are saxons good to proxy or do you think to develop these ranges too in the future?

martin goddard

Good point Daniele.
I do intend to do some Irish and Scots etc for Longships, but cannot promise a "soon" on that.