[Minairons] 1:100 Chevrolet truck

Started by Lluis of Minairons, June 02, 2023, 09:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lluis of Minairons

I'm happy to share our latest SCW model kit - the 1937 Chevrolet 1.5 ton truck, now in 1:100th scale!

Model itself consists of three DLP 3D-printed parts comprising main hull, cabin roof and optional canvas top, complemented by two hard plastic fore wheels. Some assembly is still required, then.

Cheers,

Lluís Vilalta
minairons.eu
Minairons blog
Minairons facebook

Colonel Kilgore

I think I could manage sticking all those parts together, Lluis  :)

One question, if I may: why did you go for separate wheels for the cab, but not for the rear of the truck? Just interested!

Simon

Lluis of Minairons

Quote from: Colonel Kilgore on June 02, 2023, 11:16:37 PM
I think I could manage sticking all those parts together, Lluis  :)

One question, if I may: why did you go for separate wheels for the cab, but not for the rear of the truck? Just interested!

Simon

No top secret there; when I devised my first non hard plastic AFV (which was the Bilbao armoured car), I started thinking that regular truck wheels would be necessitated for many other forthcoming models; but I soon realized that only fore wheels would be a common elements of such models, because rear wheel parts would differ considerably from one model to another, due to chassis configurations. So in the end I just brought to plastic a small sprue of fore wheels and generic MGs. That's all, actually.

Lluís

Colonel Kilgore

Ha ha - a very practical and pragmatic explanation,  then - thanks Lluis!

Simon