Desert game 31st May 2023

Started by martin goddard, May 31, 2023, 06:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin goddard

Had a great game of PBI at Entoyment today.

martin and Matt versus Miles.  Only players with the initial "m" took part.

Miles defended (piggy chase winner) with British. The attackers (Matt and martin) were Italians.
There are photos to come too.

The dice went badly for Miles and very well for the noble Italians freeing North Africa from Imperialist British.

The big game changer were the three veteran Italian tanks who scored 12 twice for AP. This allowed them 2 surprise assaults from a long distance.

After the game various "things to clarify" came up. I will do that and get a new PBI out this week.

Miles used veterans.
I am sure he will comment on them here.

Thanks to Matt and Miles for a nice game.
Took us 2.5 hours of busy play.

martin :)

martin goddard

Miles' British Company

Italian company reinforcements.

Ready to go

Game on

martin :)

Colonel Kilgore

Nice table. The mat looks very good for the desert.

I particularly like Miles's tanks in their caunter camouflage (all hand-painted, I believe?).

Simon

Smiley Miley 66

Very good game.
The only thing that came up really has been questioned on another feed.
Also some clarification on the Foot AT which Martin has dealt with with the latest rules.
The Game.
Very good. As Martin said I used 3x  British Veteran's platoons with 2 Rolls Royce and 2 A13 both Average. As this was representing a 1940/41 period before the well documented goings on in Greece and Crete. As Simon says the Caunter Camouflage is hand painted on all of the models.
The British Veterans are very good to use, not Game changing in anyway !
They do stand up to to in close action a lot better than other troops, but I assume this reflects there veteran years of being a soldier ?
So they do get benefits without over doing it, and not costing loads of points either.
Miles

Leslie BT

Simon the camouflage is so good its very difficult to see any tanks in the posted pictures.