Factory game

Started by Smiley Miley 66, April 27, 2023, 01:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin goddard

Good analysis Simon.
I think most of them would apply to normal games too?

Your thoughts?

martin :)

Colonel Kilgore

Martin,

Broadly, yes. The big unit thing is perhaps more specific to this particular scenario of attrition, although it's always a balance in PBI how you organise your forces.

I might not always go for Tank Hunters, but in this tank-heavy game in which the Germans would be foolish to emerge from cover to take on the British tanks that just stood off and piled in big HE and flames, they were a boon.

Simon

Sean Clark

Impressive effort chaps.

Interesting discussion too. Well done 👏👏

Smoking gun

Very interesting game and discussion. I'd like to try a Russian assault using heavy tanks, 203 mm howitzers or SPGs in support.

Best wishes,
Martin Buck

Smiley Miley 66

The only thing that stops that is a rule PBI has. After HE has shot into a square, each base is only ever hit once. So if you have an HE factor of 5 (big guns especially Russian can have) unless you have more than 3 in a square, 2 plus hits will not count. So the Churchill AVRE basically became redundant, so in the second game I replaced it with another Crocodile?
Not saying it is an unfair rule, as it is not. A line has to be drawn somewhere with certain things otherwise chaos can consume a set of rules.
Miles

Smiley Miley 66

Got some "new" trains and Rolling Stock to add to my little collection.
Miles

martin goddard

Looks like they have been served up on a platter for you Miles.

martin :)

Smiley Miley 66

They had been in a loft for years so I gave them a quick wash, while the weathers nice.
Cost my £80 all in but they are all Genuine German pieces so more realistic for the game setting.
Miles

Colonel Kilgore

It could look really good if we had trains slowly chugging up and down the table, Miles!

Simon

Smiley Miley 66

Would need a bigger table.
Miles

Colonel Kilgore

Surely not a problem - everything is big in this game!

Simon

Smiley Miley 66

It's been a while now, but the Table for Colours is in its finale stages being made ready for Saturday's Colours to be able to present along side PP game and Trade stand, what an honour that is. Please come and say hello. With a few of us representing RFCM, help roll a few dice too ?
More pictures to follow.
Miles

Colonel Kilgore

Looking very good, Miles. Those washes have helped a lot.

Simon

Smiley Miley 66

The Hot weather helped with that too, drying out the water very quickly.
If only we had more of this type of weather great for doing scenery!
Miles

Colonel Kilgore

You might need to move to Spain, Miles.

I understand that Lluis has had more hot weather than he really needs, recently  :-[

Simon