Some pics of a BAW game

Started by usagitsuki, December 21, 2016, 12:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usagitsuki

Revisiting a particularly daunting samurai project and trying out the BAW rules. We modified the rules slightly to allow mixed units of samurai and ashigaru. We've also used 40mm bases, which has rather drastically increased the number of figures required. Overall it worked well, just need to paint a few hundred more figures now.

^ As the Ukita and Mori come to grips, Mori Terumoto can be seen in the background camped by his pile of dice.

^ Oda Nobunaga and Maeda Toshiie wonder what they're doing commanding the Ukita.

^ On the left, the Ii clan regret not having any samurai bases painted yet as the enemy closes.

martin goddard

That looks incredible.  Time  on painting =???

martin

Mensn

Great pictures. I like the camp.

usagitsuki

Quote from: martin goddard on December 21, 2016, 01:14:59 PM
That looks incredible.  Time  on painting =???

martin

Thanks. I did 80-odd bases worth in a year I think. It's a bit easier to generate the enthusiasm at the start of a project than half-way through however.

Sean Clark

A.Maz.Ing.

Battles in the Age of War are one of my favourite rule sets. I must play them again soon.

Stewart 46A

Chris and I played a siege game a few months ago

Stewart 46A

Stewart 46A

martin goddard

Looks like samurai batles are  "GO".  Good pics Stewart

usagitsuki

Yes, the siege rules look interesting. It'll be a while before we get to have a go at it though. I've made a start....

Colonel Kilgore

Wow!

Surely a tutorial beckons here...?

Stewart 46A

Very nice, my wall set is from king and kerr

usagitsuki

Oh, Kerr and King do some nice buildings. I might get some from them as the ones from Oshiro look to be too small.

The wall section is just a block of foam with a coating of DAS clay. The stonework is scribed on with a pointy thing. Takes ages.....

Wooden panels are 9 pane mdf windows from warbases with 2 panes cut out. Roof is craft shop corrugated cardboard and bamboo skewers.

Colonel Kilgore

Thank you for the explanation, Usagitsuki - really good to know what can be achieved with relatively simple materials - well done!