African Savannah terrain

Started by Mike Tanner, October 27, 2016, 08:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Tanner

I've come across plenty of advice and videos floating around the Internet on creating jungle terrain, however, I've been unable to find anything on creating realistic looking African savannah type terrain. Can anyone here please help me out?

Leman (Andy)

Not that familiar with African savannah. Deep Cut do a mat entitled sagebrush which is a mix of greens and tans.

Sean Clark

I'm on an endless quest to find something akin to an acacia tree. Martin (him again!) has some great trees for AK47 which I think were from a toy set that fit the bill really well. I may have to resort to trying to make my own - which isn't a great option.

Great swathes of teddy bear fur might look goood for savannah type grasses.

Mike Tanner

Quote from: Leman on October 27, 2016, 09:55:40 PM
Not that familiar with African savannah. Deep Cut do a mat entitled sagebrush which is a mix of greens and tans.

The sagebrush mat is just what I'm looking for. It will look great with bushes and a few acacia trees scattered across it. I'd prefer an 8x5 mat than rather than an 8x4 though.

:)

Mike Tanner

Quote from: Sean Clark on October 27, 2016, 11:10:57 PM
I'm on an endless quest to find something akin to an acacia tree. Martin (him again!) has some great trees for AK47 which I think were from a toy set that fit the bill really well. I may have to resort to trying to make my own - which isn't a great option.

Great swathes of teddy bear fur might look goood for savannah type grasses.

I'm not too keen on making my own acacia trees either. This problem is going to require more Googling.

:)

Stewart 46A

Sean, just got off the phone to Andy at the last valley, he will make a few samples of acacia trees and send me some pics, if they look good and price is right, I want about 2 dozen, how many are you thinking of?

Leman (Andy)

Deep Cut do custom mats. They may be happy to make one to your required dimensions.

Sean Clark

Stewart,

ooh, lets say 30 if the price is right!

that mat would be great for AK47.

Sean

Mike Tanner

I have made inquiries about obtaining a Sagebrush 8' x 5' mat in mousepad format from Deepcut Studio's (I don't want any plastic shine resonating from my battlefield).

I will let you guys know how this deal works out.

:D

Mike Tanner

It's a no go for an 8x5 mousepad type mat. Below is the email reply I received from Deep-Cut Studio:

Hi, *******

Thanks! I'm sorry, but mousepad mats are limited to 4 feet width. 8x5 mat we can produce only in cloth. Cost for such cloth mat will be 84 Eur + shipping (15 eur in EU (UPS) and 35 eur rest of the world (UPS))

--
Regards,

Deep-Cut Studio
+37060055768

Looks like I will have to settle for a 6X4 mat for now. I can live with that. :o :)