Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What is easy to cast  (Read 607 times)

Spartacus

• Supporter 2021
  • Wild Boar
  • Terry
    • View Profile
    • My Piccies
Re: What is easy to cast
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2020, 08:02:54 PM »
@Neil.

I remember a Neil there , Were you there roughly 15 years ago? As an obviously underage worker!

Terry

sukhe_bator (Neil)

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2020, 11:30:35 AM »
I had a summer job with a 54mm figure manufacturer/restorer in my late teens and saw the centrifugal mould process in action... the duds were recycled into the pot for recasting and the silicon pizza moulds were only good for about 1000 spins before they had to be recut. The poor cutting of the runners and feeders could ruin a perfectly good mould. It was a fascinating process with a lot of art as well as skill involved, including not popping the finished articles out too soon while they were still too warm to prevent them warping. I carried that interest into my later historical research into cannon founding...

Panzer21

• Supporter 2021
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2020, 10:05:18 AM »
@Neil.

I remember a Neil there , Were you there roughly 15 years ago? As an obviously underage worker!

Terry

Terry,
It would have been about 16-17 years ago....
Sadly far from underage!
I used it as an opportunity to escape healthcare, but only lasted about 6-8 months before being made redundant.
It was interesting......I think we all have a fantasy about working in our hobby, but the reality is I think for some of us, it's better to have a hobby that's an escape from real life, including work.
I found the last thing I wanted to do was mess about with toy soldiers!
Neil