Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: totentanz miniatures  (Read 232 times)

Spartacus

• Supporter 2021
  • Wild Boar
  • Terry
    • View Profile
    • My Piccies
totentanz miniatures
« on: November 27, 2020, 05:03:12 PM »
Anyone tried any of these?

http://totentanz-miniatures.com/product-category/eastern-eagles/

Nice looking stuff to add to my Coassacks but cannot seem to register on the website.

Terry

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: totentanz miniatures
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 05:40:19 PM »
I'd never heard of those!

The painting of the samples is wonderful, but I'm not entirely convinced by the poses / proportions of some of the figures, which seem a little spindly at time?

Those Winged Hussars would look great on the table though!

Simon

John Watson

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 06:49:11 PM »
Looking at the Totentanz pictures they look like they are on the large side of 15mm, but that might suit what you've already got. Also it is not always easy to judge size from a picture unless there is a scale on it.
Have you tried or looked at QR Miniatures. They are Polish so naturally do a Polish range or three. I bought a 30YW army from them a couple of years ago. Very reasonably priced, lovely figures and the delivery was about two weeks.
John

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 07:01:29 PM »
Not heard of them before. But as said below the painting is exceptional to make the figures look very good.
Might be worth getting a pack to see, only a 5er or so, so  not a great expensive if they are no good.

Spartacus

• Supporter 2021
  • Wild Boar
  • Terry
    • View Profile
    • My Piccies
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 07:37:10 PM »
@Simon-Unfortunately I have now 4 units of Winged Hussars so they are not invited. I never worry about size as somewhere here I said my wargames mate was some 18" shorter than me and twice as fat.

@ John, Yes I have tried QR----Pawel is a great guy. He has been very helpfull.

@All, Yes the painting is fantastic on that site. But I am sure that I can bring it down.

Terry

Lluis of Minairons

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 09:33:37 PM »
Yes Totentanz miniatures is (or was) a miniature brand from Basque Country. They got renowned a few years ago with the promising ranges you can see in their webpages.

However, as for the little I know about, the owner got a fatal illness a couple of years ago, then falling into a severe depression and... how would I say? ...unwillingness.

I have heard no news from this brand for a long since, so I'm afraid it's no longer working; most likely, there would be nobody to assist you, answer your questions or take your order.

A second fact I know is that Xan miniatures owner, who was commissioned to sculpt Totentanz' 15mm ACW range, has rescued that particular range under his own brand (coincidentelly, Xan is also the author behind my own 20mm SCW range).

There are some threads at this regard on TMP.

Sad to bring such news (and to explain them in a so rough way, due to my poor english knowledge).

Lluís

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 09:40:08 PM »
Lluis,

Thank you for this helpful explanation. No need for any apologies - it was certainly very clear to me.

Simon

Spartacus

• Supporter 2021
  • Wild Boar
  • Terry
    • View Profile
    • My Piccies
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 06:37:31 AM »
@Lluis

You are a mine of information. Thankyou.

I go to the Basque region 4 or 5 times a year as it is only a mornings drive from me and my mate has a place there.

Terry

shaun holdsworth

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 03:47:40 PM »
Dont send them any money you NEVER see ANYTHING or your MONEY ever again, got bitten on the modern French K/S years ago and still not got full order

Lluis of Minairons

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 09:12:37 PM »
There are more polite forms to answer than yours, man.
If you only had read previous contributions before throwing your anger in here, you'd probably been able to deduce than a possibly dead man cannot refund you.
Yes I'm being rude, I admit but do not regret.