Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why did you do that?  (Read 208 times)

Moggy

• Supporter 2021
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
Why did you do that?
« on: October 28, 2020, 12:14:05 PM »
Hi all

There are some wonderful AAR's to read on here and some great players (and possibly some not so much - I will that for you to argue over  :-X)

Lets face it, some people game better than others but we all enjoy a hard fought well thought out game than a simple walk-over. I openly admit my thought processes sometime leave things to be desired. As I usually say - madness in my method!

What I would like to see, if anyone is up to the challenge, is to see a AAR with each players thought processes alongside at each turn saying why they did things. Such as, "I will charge that machine gun nest even though it is going to hurt but I really need that position to protect the flank". Additionally this could also include the post generate terrain and pre deployment phases thoughts of each player as they mentally generate their game-plan.

In some ways this may help generate better gamers (me included) and add considerably to the entertainment. Even the inclusion of the whoops moments of "why did I do something so stupid" moments.

Anyone up for it?

Derek

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Why did you do that?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 12:49:19 PM »
Derek,

That's a great idea!

Hopefully someone who is currently able to game can take you up on it...

Simon

John Watson

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 02:48:43 PM »
Derek, you may just have got yourself a job.
I would volunteer but my media skills are so lacking that there wouldn't be any pictures. Happy to participate on the writing up though if someone else does the techy stuff.
I would suggest that the format should be that each player makes their own notes (pre-game, turn 1, turn 2, etc). The techy player takes the pictures and gets them loaded up on the forum. At the end of the game the notes from each side can be compared and added to the pictures. I think it would be better this way than comparing notes as you go, otherwise you might prompt your opponent to your wizard wheezes.
John

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 03:00:29 PM »
Good idea Derek. Albeit a lot of work I think.

Akin to a comic strip.
With speech and thought bubbles?

There is probably a piece of software that does it well?????

martin :)

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 03:14:46 PM »
What we need is John to do the write ups and Simon to post the pictures. Sorted then !!! Lol
Miles

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 06:07:38 PM »
Fine with me, if you send me the pictures!

Simon

Leman

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 07:01:38 AM »
My thought processes when playing:

!!!#%@@&&&* WTF!!! Yep, solo play definitely the way forward for me. Also means I can ignore all those little fiddly rules I usually forget anyway.