Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FM6  (Read 137 times)

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
FM6
« on: October 21, 2020, 10:47:28 PM »
A game with Martin.
Martin started with 3 mounted average units with extra bases, bombers and field guns.
Stewart started with 4 raw infantry units, extras were a Mounted  unit and extra cavalry bases

Martin won the chase and chose to attack, Stewart reached 24 on the chase so difference of 11 so no extra die on loses just die per base.
Mixed result with one unit down to 4 bases , 2nd unit lost 2 bases, 3rd unit lost 3 bases, 4th unit lost 4 bases and large cavalry unit lost 4 bases.

Pre game assets, martin unsuccessful, Stewart got HE and killed 8 bases, 6 of one unit.

Martins damaged unit had the general and passed morale 2nd attempt, then charged left objective mounted , got shot,  dismounted , assaulted rough hill objective lost the fight (2 kills each) but as this was Stewart’s small unit (4 bases) it melted away so Martin won the objective.

Centre , smiler moves , Martin won assault (2 attacker dead to 3 defender dead) defender unit fell back, Martins unit damaged.

Stewart’s large mounted unit move against center objective couldn’t assault but caused casualties and hammered the objective.

The unit that was pushed out passed moral and with the general made a short assault and took back the objective.

Martins unit in the left objective final failed moral and with losses routed
This unit returned as reinforcements on a train and assaulted the right had objective.
Again Martins men lost a lot to shooting and fighting but won the objective.

Stewart put a lot of small arms fire into this unit and objective causing casualties which Emptied the objective

Martins small unit on the left objective also had casualties from shooting and routed due to losses.
Stewart reinforcements finally arrived after 3 attempts also by train and took the empty left objective .

At the end of the game, Stewart (defender ) had two objectives 44 points
Martin (attacker) had no objectives 25 points
Each had  lost 3 units and got 1 unit back as reinforcements.

Good game, possibly some small changes for FM7.

Any one else had a game yet?

Stewart

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: FM6
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 07:21:16 AM »
Sounds like a close-run thing. Well done Stewart, and thanks for the write-up.

Regarding other games played, I wasn't aware that FM6 had been issued to the group?

Simon

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 08:10:25 AM »
A good game was had by all.
FM6 was used but I waited until the game was done before distributing FM6. Just in case too many ch ch ch changes overawed folk.
FM 6 will go out to all this lunchtime.

Changes are few but do matter.

martin :)

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 09:33:52 PM »
Was arranged to play on Saturday but an elderly neighbour has died and Saturday is going to be the funeral so the game has been put off.
Not sure if we will get a game as we may get confinement before we can re-plan it. I may have to try to set it up with Ralph.

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 09:47:31 PM »
Sorry to hear your bad news Les, take care

Stewart

Brian Cameron

• Supporter 2021
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 11:14:37 AM »
I've read through and I hope th efollowing is helpful.

Section 18. Scenery 2nd para: “Templates are used to denote which squares contain which type of scenery. This means that a square is either counted as completely of a type or not. There are no mixed squares of wood/buildings etc.”

Going by Overlaps on p 24 this isn’t strictly true.  As the latter clarifies the detail much better I’d suggest deleting the former.
Page 25 How many scenery pieces Still says 5 feet of road.  As I’ve mentioned previously, this type of problem arises because there is so much repetition in RCFM rules.

Page 32.  New general.  This talks about using 4d6 which is, I think, inconsistent with what it says on page 35.

Page 35. Section 21 Assets
“Player can use opponent’s “Low on morale” or “short on ammunition” assets for him.”
I’m not clear what this means – is it supposed to be: Player uses the asstes “Low on morale” or “short on ammunition” assets on the opponent’s units?

Page 35 Asset list
“These are the basic values upon which the army values are based.”  Given I’ve no idea what the army value is the meaning of this is lost on me.  It might be clearer to say: A Victory Point compensation is calculated based on the asset values listed below. See Status compensation on page 81. (that assumes I’m correct in thinking ‘army value’ and ‘status compensation’ are the same things.

Are the numbers next to the asset the total number of dice the player will have available to roll for the use of that particular asset during the course of the game? 

By the way, there are occasionally female wargamers (though the preference appears to be RPGs and boardgames) so would it not be more appropriate to avoid ‘his’, etc.  It is pretty straightforward to do.

Page 36 – I think it’s worth listing these in the same order as in the list above.

Page 42.  Special rules – good things.
B Assaulting – I’m not really sure that this counts as a good thing.

Page 44 - “Lower scored amount dictates the scenario.”  Wouldn’t it be clearer to say that it determines the extent of the defender’s depletions?

Page 65 Shooting ranges – says ‘no diagonals’ which isn’t true if you’re firing at a proximity square.

Page 75 Reborn units (halleluiah brothers, I am born again!) – presumably the re-roll is if they fail to come back on?

Page 91 – I’ll just mention again that they speak Spanish in Mexico…

Brian

Brian Cameron

• Supporter 2021
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 11:16:42 AM »
I've just realised there are two threads labeled FM6.  The other one, of course, is more about the latest version of the rules  so I'll re-post there.

Brian

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 10:12:47 PM »
Thanks Stewart.  He was 96 still living at home with his wife. Our church was as full as it could be with only every other pew in use and only 3 to a pew.
He had toppled forward off a chair while putting his shoes on and hit his head.

Try to get a game in with Ralph.