Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The "low down" on Salute 2021  (Read 1468 times)

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: The "low down" on Salute 2021
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2021, 11:17:11 AM »
My state in Australia has gone into hard border lockdown again as the British Mutant Virus (thatís what the news called it) has arrived, and its 70% more contagious than the Chinese Communist Virus. 

Oh joy.

I quite like the "British Mutant Virus" moniker (even better if we could somehow fit "Ninja" in there too, though). However, I do hope that our post-Brexit exports will soon extend beyond this.

At the risk of being a Cassandra, I can't see anything much happening in the way of UK shows until after the summer, by which time most of us should have had a couple of jabs.

It will all be over by Christmas though?  ::)

Simon

Nick

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2021, 12:37:35 PM »
Can't see any shows happening before the summer at the earliest now.

Nick

Panzer21

• Supporter 2021
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2021, 07:03:08 PM »
My state in Australia has gone into hard border lockdown again as the British Mutant Virus (thatís what the news called it) has arrived, and its 70% more contagious than the Chinese Communist Virus. 

Oh joy.

Well we were promised that we would "prosper mightily" - perhaps the script said "propagate". It wouldn't surprise me if someone celebrates that our strain is "harder" than the Chinese version! After hearing IDS boasting GB would "dominate" the world, anything is possible.....

Leman

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2021, 11:48:24 AM »
Small island-big ambitions. Unfortunately no sign whatsoever of a Churchill, Pitt, Nelson, Wellington, Attlee or even a Cromwell. Don't think limp lettuce can achieve very much.