WW2 - U.S paratroopers (99% PP)

Started by Anatoli, July 07, 2020, 10:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatoli

Thx for the informations... I thought they fought in the Caen sector ...

So they will be reasigned in Pz.Abt.206...  ;D
I read Pz.Abt.206 had 2 R.35, 28 Hotchkiss, 10 S.35 and 6 B1bis...

Cheers

Xavier

Camulogene

And don't forget the Panzer Ersatz und Ausbildungs Abteilung 100, equipped with R 35, H 39, one S 35 and one B1bis. The unit fought the US paras in the La Fiere sector on on the 5/6th June night, and fought until the fall of Cherbourg.

Pierre

Panzer21

Quote from: Anatoli on April 10, 2023, 12:46:23 PM
Thx for the informations... I thought they fought in the Caen sector ...

So they will be reasigned in Pz.Abt.206...  ;D
I read Pz.Abt.206 had 2 R.35, 28 Hotchkiss, 10 S.35 and 6 B1bis...

Cheers

Xavier

That's the unit I was thinking of! Never trust memory...
The issue of 21 Panzer's ex-French armour has been the subject of much debate due to it appearing in the Gleiderung for June 1944. Many have assigned it to the division, especially wargamers in search of the exotic; it appeared in Rapid Fire, FoW etc.
There is little information on what happened to it. It may have gone back to Panzer Brigade 100 from which 21 Panzer had been partly formed.
Against it, there are no attributed pictures either in action or wrecks; no contemporary accounts mention it and the OOB for 6 June has 2nd btn with a single company. It is known personnel left for Germany to retrain from this btn.
They may have used several Panzer IV D or E with the short 75mm.
There was lots of ex-French kit in use: Becker converted Unic and Somua halftracks, Hotchkiss SPG conversions, Lorraine SPG and numerous softskins. It still makes for an exotic formation.
Neil

Anatoli

Hi,

Just some few pictures of the support weapons of my Panzergrenadiers unit.

Again, very pleasant miniatures to paint, full of details and various positions... This gave me an idea for my command unit (coming soon...)  ;)

I really enjoyed painting these miniatures. The beautiful sculpting helps a lot !

Cheers,

Xavier

Leman (Andy)

Colonel Kilgore

They are indeed nice sculpts, and beautifully painted!

Simon

martin goddard

Lovely job of paint!
Great to see some WW2 chaps.
Thanks.

martin :)

Anatoli

Hi...  ;)

The project goes forward with the painting of a new wehrmacht regular infantry combat group (and their support weapons)...

These PP miniatures are terrific : dynamic poses, full of details... A pleasure to paint !!

Here are some few pictures of this combat group...

Next to come : command bases, anti tank guns, StuG III...

Colonel Kilgore

They are nice to paint, and you've made a lovely job of doing so!

Simon

Colonel Kilgore

Oh - and the scenery is very nice too!

Simon

Anatoli

;D ;D ;D

Thank you, Simon...  ;)

Again, these minis are fantastic : there are many different poses which give a variety of basing options... Details on the miniatures are also incredible ! I got a great time painting them. Really.

The "Normandy 44" project in going on well : I should be able to have a game next october. Everything should be ready for that time...
I am working on some early battle of Normandy scenarios.

Cheers,

Xavier

Anatoli

Hi...

Here are some pictures of 2 StuG IIIG (PP - metal) and a P47 "Razorback". I am working to replace the P47 base...  ;)
I quickly painted these tanks and plane ; this is not a super paint job, but they are ready to play !!  ;D

Next to come : command bases !!  ;)

Cheers,

Xavier

Colonel Kilgore

Very nice, Xavier.

For the StuGs, I'd say that you have no need to slow down!

And I like the "grittiness" of the Thunderbolt.

Lovely stuff as usual - thank you for sharing.

Simon

mellis1644

They look great - I wish my lot was as good. :)

BeneathALeadMountain

Anatoli - apologies a bit late to the thread but inspirational stuff; your Normandy project sounds excellent. Who makes the walled farm building? I really like the colour scheme - that particular grey I find hard to replicate but yours is perfect and I really like the building (I can think of a few settings it would be fine in).

I love Martins miniatures as they portray such character that (due to the clarity of sculpt) they're easy to paint even to a basic standard yet each could be a little artwork if that's your wish. The addition of a goodly range of poses and the fantastic head range to allow a huge number of possibilities for conversion or just subtle repositioning (I tend to re-head a lot as I like the variety and posing the little chaps).

I agree with Col.Kilgore that P47 looks like it's actually flown, really nice.

Thank you for posting, looking forwards to seeing what's next....

Andrew
BeneathALeadMountain