Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SADF mounted infantry  (Read 490 times)

Nugget

• Piglet
    • View Profile
SADF mounted infantry
« on: May 13, 2020, 02:43:44 PM »
Hi, lm new to the forum so please excuse me if l ask an old question. Iíve recently started playing the original AK47 with my son during the lockdown, it has been a lot of fun & very competitive. Some years back l bought some packs of Professionalís on horse back. My problem is there are no clear rules for them, & having painted them up want to use them in our games if possible. We could make some house rules up of course, but when the lockdown goes líve got the problem of passing them off to the group l play with. Have there been suggestions that l could use from the past???
Many thanks in advance........ Mark

Nick

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: SADF mounted infantry
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 04:36:44 PM »
Welcome Mark.
The original AK47 rules had an additional supplement that covered extra rules, I think cavalry were in there. Iíve still got it so Iíll take a look when I find it.

Nick

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 05:46:17 PM »
Thank you Nick. I cannot remember it, sorry.

martin

Nick

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 05:55:04 PM »
Here we are ...

Cavalry cost an extra 5 points above their infantry equivalent.
Only armed with small arms.
When mounted move 6 inches + 1d6.
May not enter templates when mounted.
Only mount or dismount at end of turn, this uses up 4 inches of movement.
Modifiers when mounted - firing -1, cavalry target is always +1, fighting against cavalry in close assault is +1.

Nick

Hman

• Supporter 2021
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 06:56:39 PM »
Any chance of some pictures of your figures?  I have some unpainted original cavalry figures, and some inspiration would be gratefully received ;D...

Howard

Nugget

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 07:46:56 PM »
Hi guys,
   Many thanks for the rule update, that has cleared up my problem. Hope to get them on the table soon & try them out, realised they would only be small arms. Would it be cheeky to give them RPGís or is that pushing it???
   As soon as líve learnt how will send pictures for you Howard, but they are based on pennies as l play Force on Force with them as well. To play AK47 l had to buy more figs! 😜 No complaints though my son & l have played 13 games in the last three weeks, heís a game up, not that lm counting!!! Thanks again guys..... Mark