Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Land raid at Salute  (Read 353 times)

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Land raid at Salute
« on: March 14, 2020, 07:55:53 AM »
Just a light discussion, nothing world  changing.

I intended to build  a nice custom board for the pirate land raid at Salute 2020.

With the "pressure" on sculpting requests; would the time be better spent on sculpting or is it important to put a good show on for a potential non show? :-\

martin

John Watson

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Land raid at Salute
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 09:31:31 AM »
Selfishly, as I am not going to Salute, I'd stick to castings. Then again, Martin, I would do what is best for business in your push to your next million!

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 10:14:07 AM »
Martin,

I would say: whatever makes you happy  :D

We are all very greedy and selfish in our requests for sculpts, and you are most gracious in (sometimes :D) accommodating them!

I suspect that Salute will be postponed, but a nice board will last forever, and can be used for other shows as well as online marketing.

Of course, I'd personally prefer a few sculpts that I believe may be in the pipeline, but equally I wouldn't want our Sculptor in Chief to get bored or lose his mojo.

So, please do whatever floats your boat!

Simon

Radar

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Keep Your Powder Dry
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 11:03:06 AM »
If the list of sculpts includes head wearing a secret (not so subtle hint) then I'd say sculpting. Otherwise, I'd say base board.

But that is a terribly selfish idea, so as already stated "follow your mojo"

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 11:15:37 AM »
A board all day long Martin. I'm hoping to do one myself when time and patience allows.

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 12:28:50 PM »
I would love to do a board based on the Amazons Prime series “Black Sails”, and maybe a hint of “Pirates of the Caribbean” in it. With the “Fort” towards the top and a town below with a docking, loading area etc.
Then I would like to do one based on Christchurch itself, as the ECW and Smuggling history around here is part of its heritage and charm. But I need to do some more home work on this.
Hopefully next year.
This year, it’s getting my other cabin put in and change everything over, as the 2nd cabin has thicker wooden walls and slightly bigger.
Miles