Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Safe gaming environment as possible in these trying times  (Read 239 times)

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
Re: A Safe gaming environment as possible in these trying times
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2020, 10:37:42 PM »
No gaming at all in Stoke I'm afraid.

It does affect ones mojo I find. The more i play, the more I want to play. The less I play, the less inclined I am to sit and paint.

I really need to pull myself together and get some figures on the table and roll some dice. Maybe another solo game which I video and put onto YouTube. I've been wanting to do Regiment of Foote or Vietnam.

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2021
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2020, 03:26:23 AM »
Sean Your always welcomed to come down and play ? These days I also have a spare bed, as my boy after35 years has finally moved out to find his feet !
Trust us Les if and when it is “Safe” to travel, I think small plans are a foot to pop over at some point. But my thoughts realistically now, that could be 18 months away ?
Like I said before I am more painting. Now I ve got my first “in shorts” 8th Army to go with my “converted” in trousers 8th Army. Hopefully by the end of the winter I should have built up quite a big DesertForce.
Miles

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2020, 07:15:45 AM »
No gaming at all in Stoke I'm afraid.

It does affect ones mojo I find. The more i play, the more I want to play. The less I play, the less inclined I am to sit and paint.

I really need to pull myself together and get some figures on the table and roll some dice. Maybe another solo game which I video and put onto YouTube. I've been wanting to do Regiment of Foote or Vietnam.

I for one would welcome another episode of Billy Goat Wargaming. Vietnam would be nice :)

Simon

fastolfrus

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2020, 12:22:19 PM »
We actually had a couple of remote PBI games recently.
Alasdair is working from his flat in York at present but I had use of Glynis' cloth cutting table.
I have fitted a webcam to a piece of wood over the table so Alasdair can (just about) see what's going on.

I've used the table for remote games in 28mm but this was our first attempt at 15mm.
Worked fine because you can number the grid.

Took a bit longer to play because of occasional slow internet, and relies on totally honest reporting of dice rolls, but better than no gaming at all.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2020, 12:58:38 PM »
Good to hear, fastolfrus. The gridded systems should lend themselves to such remote gaming.

Simon