What’s left? Wish listing.

Started by pbeccas (Paul), June 18, 2019, 03:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbeccas (Paul)

The Peter Pig range is absolutely fantastic.  A humongous first class 15mm range covering the Great War.  But what Armies are left?  What would you guys like to see?  Let's hear your thoughts.
I would love to see allied Palestine forces one day.  Either Brits in shorts and sun hats, or Australian Light Horse.  Maybe even some German Asia Korps.
Paul

Leman (Andy)

I find the affair in East Africa quite appealing - Askaris, Indians, South Africans, Belgians, and even a few Brits and Germans thrown in for good measure. And there's already a scenario in the rulebook.

John Watson

Wardy64

How about some early war Brit Marines for Antwerp?

Dave

Nick

Who knows?
I didn't have any thoughts of building a Serbian army until I saw the figures yesterday!

Nick

sjwalker51

I'd like to see East Africa or the Arab Revolt, neither of which are well covered in 15mm, and are useable for many other early 20th century colonial campaigns.

BobaJob

I like the other Balkans first and then the East Africans.  There was a cracking 28mm game at Vapnatak a couple of years ago.  I will try and find the pics.

Mike6t3

One piece French Dragoons, Chasseurs, Cuirassiers, Lancers etc plus dismounts.
Cavalry machine gun teams for those nations that used them
Older infantry packs containing officer to be re done with seperate command packs
New German higher command figures
Dismounted Belgian guide cavalry
East African theatre
Arab revolt
Armenian/Caucasus types

You did ask......😁

martin goddard

I will take that all on board chaps.

Camulogene

Quote from: pbeccas on June 18, 2019, 03:28:33 AM
The Peter Pig range is absolutely fantastic.  A humongous first class 15mm range covering the Great War. 

I agree 1000% !!!...  :)

Quote from: pbeccas on June 18, 2019, 03:28:33 AM
But what Armies are left?  What would you guys like to see? 

- US Marines would be great (in shirtsleeves and leggins ?), some equiped with the BAR (which is a special rule in the SB Army Book...), shotguns (subject to an asset in the SB Army book too), "potato digger" machine-guns...

We can dream ?..  :D

Wardy64

If dreaming - Anzacs, light horse, New Zealanders, Yeomanry- Middle East WW1.

Dave

Nick

I think the PP range for WW1 is amazing.
Never hurts to add more though!
I agree that some US troops would be nice.

Nick

Colonel Kilgore

Well if we're pushing the boat out on WW1, how about:

- Tunnelling teams for each of the major powers
- Narrow-gauge trench railway
- Marne Taxis
- Observation balloon ground crew
- ...?

On second thoughts, why not just stick to the RHA crew and French cavalry? :)

Leman (Andy)

About the only one of the above that would need to be used in SB would be the balloon. Also useful for Boer War, Russo-Japanese War and ACW.

Colonel Kilgore

Sorry, I was being tongue-in-cheek, given how complete the WW1 range already is  ;)