Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interesting you tube videos  (Read 9588 times)

Mike Tanner

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting you tube videos
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2018, 08:36:40 PM »
It was a good video (although Conny really needs to change the video orientation) but after hearing the many horrifying news reports coming out of the UK recently I would never willingly allow my woman to walk about alone and unprotected.

Duncan

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2018, 08:06:11 AM »
What reports are those?

I would like to walk with her as I used to do a lot of exercise, walking, swimming and cycling, but now I am a cripple and due to a hip problem anything more than a few meters and I am in agony and have to sit down.

Besides, she doesn't listen to what I say! I am just a cripple!

Mike Tanner

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2018, 05:37:43 PM »
What reports are those?

The gang related stabbings and shootings in London. The last I heard they were spreading throughout the country.

Besides, she doesn't listen to what I say!...

Lol! I know the feeling. In my experience once women get something into their heads it's best to let them get on with it.

Duncan

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2018, 02:31:50 PM »
The Fisticuffs event video is now on Connys channel!

Mike Tanner

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2018, 05:45:12 PM »
The Fisticuffs event video is now on Connys channel!

Conny's video is better than the official PP videos. I have never been to a Wargames convention so I found it very interesting. Who was the camera shy guy by the PP stall? I expect it is someone who posts here because he knew Conny. Why don't the PP crew make some promotional videos of their wares? I liked the look of those vehicles Conny filmed and would definitely buy some of  them if they were in my current Wargaming period. Likewise with the rules. All you need is someone who is not camera shy to do a quick talk-through of each the rule sets and I am sure you would begin selling more of them.

I am not on YouTube so I can't leave a thumbs up for Conny. However, please tell her I was impressed by the video and wish it had been longer.

:)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOhKJzd4UuKHnoGn8AFp-Hw

Duncan

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2018, 09:09:51 AM »
Thank you. Yes the camera shy chapmis an associate of ours. I am not sure if he is on here, I don't think he is? He is not a club member.
I will pass on your praise to her. She has been trying to  do more interviews but a lot of people are camera  shy it seems and do not want to appear (not just with the hobby but in all aspects of life. Still she is enjoying it I think.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2018, 09:58:28 PM »
Uhtred's back on Netflix again soon, for the 3rd series of The Last Kingdom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSf2D6hBCYs

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
Re: Interesting you tube videos - The Tank Museum
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2019, 07:31:30 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTankMuseum

This year seems to the year I learn about WW2. It has always been a fringe period of interest for me but for some reason I've found a real interest in it more than ever before.

This video is excellent discussing various tanks throughout the war. The Elefant video is very interesting.

One query for you tank experts though. The King Tiger could take out any Allied tank at a range of 3Km, or 2 miles. I imagine line of sight over this range was rare. I take it there was no such thing as 'in-direct fire' from tanks. In North West Europe especially I can't imagine intervening obstacles and the lie of the land would preclude visibility of this sort of range.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Also the King Tiger took 300,000 man hours to make. Incredible.

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2019, 08:19:44 PM »
If you read Otto Von Carius' (tank ace and pharmacist) accounts of serving using Jagd tigers, you can see what a disappointment they were. His problem as a unit commander was the inexperience of the crews and poor reliability of the tank.
By the time the tanks were ready the vast open plains of eastern Europe were not the battleground anymore.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2019, 09:00:57 PM »
That is a great YouTube channel, Sean - loads of interesting clips: pick a tank and hear all about it from a resident expert!