Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interesting you tube videos  (Read 9673 times)

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting you tube videos
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 09:54:47 PM »
Good films Duncan, well done

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 10:06:23 PM »
They are some big beasts!

Very neat painting, with nice animation and sound-tracks.

Well done.

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 10:50:16 PM »
Very nice work Duncan. They must have taken a lot of work.

Duncan

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 01:53:40 AM »
Yes, thank you. I used to paint a lot of W40K stuff as I really liked painting and converting all those sci-fi tanks and vehicles. Not too much in the way of conversion needed on historical tanks, after all you cannot get away with sticking a plasma cannon on your Tiger or Challenger!☺

However despite having loads of W40K armies all nicely painted i have never played the game or had any inclination to do so, mainly I think brought about by the way they harass and hound you whenever you try to go into one of their shops or you phone them up. I have been chased out of more than one GW store without making a purchase by an over enthusiastic staff member who refused to let me look quietly in my own space and time. I did have a go at Rogue trader when first released back in the 1980's but only a couple of games and have not touched it since.

Still I do enjoy a good tank!

Most of the videos were made just with a simple digital camera sat on the table or floor and put together frame by frame using Windows Movie Maker. Much easier to do from Windows XP than with Windows 10 I found.

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 05:26:54 PM »
Duncan,

I think you will find the modern GW shops are much friendlier places and far less harassing. They have had a change of leadership recently and now actively engage in social media and have their own Twitch TV channel which can be quite entertaining. The most you will get on going into a shop these days is a friendly hello. I am fairly sure they have been told to refrain from chasing you around the store asking what army you collect and trying to sell you the latest cool toy.

I have played Warhammer Fantasy and Age of Sigmar plus a little 40k, mainly because my club play a lot of it and if I want to get any sort of game in I have yo join in! They are quite fun games if you don't take any of it too seriously. The stories are very entertaining.

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 10:46:33 PM »
I collected a large Chadian Force and  Chaos marines army. My son and I used to play many years ago.

Duncan

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 07:00:34 PM »
Most of mine were Imperial Guard, but I also had a large Space marine and Sister's of battle. I did a big Ork army with loads of conversions and posted about it ASCI went on the Warseer Forum a few years back.
I did also do Chaos Marines as Chaos Ultramarines which was quite fun!
I have not done anything GW for years now though.

Duncan

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 01:08:58 PM »
htpps://m.youtube.com/channel/UCOhkJzd4UukHnoGn8AFp-Hw

Alternatively type in her name Conny Sargent

My wife Conny has just started a new YouTube project where she wants to talk to you and about things in her life. She has so far done three short videos. An introduction, interview with me and an interview with a very unhappy Corky.
We are learning as we go andcsome FREE video editing software that is easy to understand would be good. I used to use Windows movie maker under XP but the latest version of this seems to have been complicated to the point of making it unusable to every day non tech people.

Anyway I know she would appreciate the views and subscriptions and positive criticism. (No trolling please or she will be put off!)

Corky would probably like to know he is loved as well although he has been slot happier since. Perhaps nerves along with all the others things that he was upset about on that day!

Anyway, she is looking for people to talknto about wargaming and life in general, you never know, you !at be a target!

Duncan

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2018, 09:47:22 AM »
For those who have looked, if you have not subscribed we have just uploaded the next episode, an interview with Monty. (Our other boy.)

Mike Tanner

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2018, 06:25:23 PM »
We have attempted to look but your original url was not correct:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1xcGkcAbOw

Duncan

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2018, 12:42:44 AM »
Oh sorry, I did my best to copy and paste it so not sure what is wrong? It seemed to go to her account when I checked it then you could select which video you wanted to watch, rather than it being a link to a specific video. Still your link seems to work as well so people
Let can select them from there.
We are trying to film outside but getting a lot of background noise.
Will keep trying to improve it. Let us know what you all think as long as it is polite and constructive. (Please.)

Mike Tanner

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2018, 10:49:37 AM »

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2018, 03:47:37 PM »
Strange format for the camera Duncan with most monitors in the horizontal format.

Duncan

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2018, 06:35:30 PM »
Thank you for your feedback. I think it is just the way that Conny holds her tablet, like she is reading a book rather than landscape like I do. We have discussed this now and I have explained that it would look better viewed in landscape for most monitors unless there is a specific reason for having it portrait. So wecwill see next time. Unless she forgets that is anecdotes do I?

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2018, 07:17:56 PM »
My first observation is that Connie has the pace "just right". Too many people (myself included) gabble on too fast. The listener needs time to interpret what is being said. If you have a friend with an apple laptop you can use iMovie, which is very easy to use indeed. The Apple movie program is marvellous!