Capt Delves does it again.

Started by Sean Clark, October 21, 2017, 10:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Clark

A slight rearrangement of players saw Keith take on the role of the daring Capt. Poontang delves. Jase (of the Bunker Painting service) joined us half way through and took the role of the VC.

This was Keith's first game of MoCB but he is a veteran of many a Piggie game and played the old version quite a bit. This was the table after set up.

A close up of some grunts about to enter one of my new paddy fields.

Keith was rather keen on the interrogation mechanic. Unfortunately the first time he tried it, he ending up shooting the peasant. This happened the second time too. I use animals as the search 'potential cache' counters - here you can see a pig. Other templates had some chickens. I imagine pigs and chickens were common in the villes and hamlets of southern Vietnam.

Another shot of the table.

Keith getting into the spirit of the thing. The helmet belongs to Jase.

The game ended in a draw. Keith managed to find both high value stores and the number 1. However he killed two peasants, took 8 casualties and only managed to kill 5 or 6 VC.  All the casualties were casevaced and Pooontang survived without a scratch.

The game rattled along at a fair old pace. Towards the end both players had failed units in every turn. We are playing again next week when my new NVA will be taking on Poontang. The game was accompanied by a great 'Nam soundtrack too which is de rigueur for MocB games!

Stewart 46A

Table looks excellent, I'll put you down to run a couple of Vietnam games during the games weekend.

Colonel Kilgore

Very nice table, Sean!

Those paddy fields turned out extremely nicely too.

I like the idea of using pigs and chickens for potential caches - cuts down on the use of on-table markers, and they look the part.

I'm looking forward to Captain Delves' next mission!

Sean Clark

The grass mat templates were classed as open and just there to look nice!

Leslie BT

It looks a great table, did you use all three choppers?

Sean Clark

Yes we bought them on together to use for the Gunship asset. Looked great with Ride of the Valkyries playing!

martin goddard

The paddy fields are exceptional.  Could you post that article verbatim on to WSS magazine????
Very visual, better than anything in the magazines recently Sean!

mellis1644

I have to get to painting more and trying this game. Just in the pile...

Sean Clark

Thank you Martin. I really enjoy this game and look forward to many more! Firebase next then hopefully....Montagnards!