Ardennes 1944 PBI Multi -Player Battle 27th January 2018, Dorchester

Started by Big Mike, October 10, 2017, 11:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mike

Gentlemen, book your place for the last German offensive of WW2.  It's The Ardennes! We will be playing on interlocked gridded tables, commanding PBI companies and coping with foul weather. I am hoping for a minimum of 6 players per side and more if possible. Email to me please michaelh1815@gmail.com.
"Nuts!"         
More news from the front!
The Ardennes PBI Game Day will be at the Dorchester monthly club venue on 27th January 2018 from 9am to 5pm. The cost will be £10 per player inc.refreshments. I have sent out an email flyer with more details but if I have missed anyone let me have your email address.
"Nuts!"

Stewart 46A

martin goddard

Who is being the Germans in disguise???  Is there a petrol dump??  Don't forget the weather too.

Sean Clark

Count me in so long. I'll confirm tomnorrow when I know my weekend schedule. I have an army for both sides!!

Sean Clark

Big Mike

Thank you to all of you have replied and booked your place at the table. We are 10 so far. I will confirm costs and timings soon. I the meantime I will be asking each of you for details of the PBI armies you can bring. "Nuts".

Sean Clark

I have a PBI army for late war U.S. infantry  and late war German.

Sean Clark

Aaarrgghhh. I will have to move into the maybe column as my wife has informed me we may have a friends 50th birthday party that weekend. I'm going to keep fingers crossed.

This sort of weekend is right up my street and will always try to attend where possible.

Sean Clark

I'm currently 66% likely to be able to attend...my friends wife might be taking him away on their own....fingers crossed as I really like the idea of this!

Sean Clark

Also....have you read the latest Anthony Beevor book on the Ardennes campaign. It's marvellous.

Big Mike

Yes, the Anthony Beevor book is a multi-level account of the campaign. From Ike keeping Monty and Patton apart to the plight of the Belgium civilians. Plenty of maps and and an order of battle.   

Smiley Miley 66

I am in the process of building a Panzer Brigade 150 force, as I 've had this planned for some time. I 've of course got my British for 11th Armoured to make an appearance if needed ?
I also have a load of German style buildings as I went a bit overboard a couple of years back buying second hand railway buildings. OOOPPS.... I can Supply quite a varied amount of Templates too, but not with Snow ! If anyone can suggest a way to do Temporary snow for the day ??? But the snow wasn't present on all of the days !
And I can Supply a quite a selection of Panthers and some King Tigers and Stugs if people are short of the said vehicles in their armies.
Miles

Sean Clark

Fornthe Towton demo I did a few years ago I used a white cloth and just sprinkled table salt on the templates with a little onto each base. Worked really well and came off really easily afterwards.

Leslie BT

Only use table salt very carefully, it is very corrosive for the figures, and if it gets damp a real problem.

Woodland scenics do a snow scatter, I have not use this but someone on this forum may have.

Sean Clark

For a one off table salt was fine less and it's a cheap and quick option. The scatter can stick to whatever basing material you use and take more effort to remove.