Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WARFARE 2016 [Reading] - wot no PP this year  (Read 595 times)

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
WARFARE 2016 [Reading] - wot no PP this year
« on: November 25, 2016, 10:31:51 PM »
A belated posting on this 2-day show, held last weekend.

PP has often been in attendance, but sadly not this year. This left a (literally visible) gap on the main trader floor. Other regulars who seemed to be missing this year were Tumbling Dice and Oshiro Terrain.

I went on the Sunday for the first couple of hours, and it seemed pretty quiet [compared to my usual Saturdays]. This may not have been great for the traders, but it did make it easier to navigate. Even the bring-and-buy was easier to fight one's way around: the area seemed to have been further expanded with just 2 traders in the same room.

What struck me this year was that there was no big theme game system being flogged. There was of course some Saga and Frostgrave, and even Thunderbirds, but nothing I spotted that was being carried by a large number of traders.

The demo games were of a pretty high standard: a couple of WW2 ones in particular. There are lots of photos on the WAR Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/WargamesReading

I got a few goodies for my RFCM games, that I will be posting on elsewhere in this Forum once I've taken some pictures.

A nice show - would of course have been nicer with the PP stand, but I know there is a good reason for this year's absence.