Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ECW suggestions  (Read 7305 times)

yourpaceormine

Re: ECW suggestions
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2017, 01:41:26 PM »
I saw those packs (not seen Fat Wally's versions) and didn't think they were right. Is one of them holding a rolling pin? Very Les Dawson

yourpaceormine

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2017, 03:11:58 PM »
Hurrah! Throws metaphorical hat in the air. Chaos has been averted, pack 31 now exists. Got a fancy flashing 'new' gif and everything. Not got a 'add to basket' button yet...

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2017, 03:56:29 PM »
... pack 31 now exists.

And is it me, or was there previously a different pack #30 [now also featuring a flashing gif], perhaps implying that the "normal" cuirassiers are being re-done to match the new command?

yourpaceormine

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2017, 06:39:04 PM »
Looks like they've been redone too, they have an add to cart button.m ;D

Dan30

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2017, 01:06:30 AM »
How about marching pike?  I just got a couple of packs of marching shot and need some pikemen to match them.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2017, 08:54:54 PM »
Hey - don't distract Martin - he's supposed to be doing some Vietnam figures next :)

Dan30

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2017, 03:56:54 AM »
Don't worry Colonel, i'm all in for the 3rd Gen. 'nam figs.   8)

As for the ECW, I imagine (maybe HOPE is more accurate!) that a marching pikeman is in the works since there is a marching musketeer pack.

I've got the musket armed fellows primed and they are next up to be painted.

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2017, 11:36:39 AM »
Thanks Dan!

Maybe you can post some pictures of your musketeers once complete?

This is a really lovely range, albeit one that I've managed to resist the temptation of (I have a bunch of old-school Mikes Models, which probably wouldn't mix well) - so far...

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2017, 05:01:41 PM »
So would that be 1st or 2nd edition Mikes Models before they went to Essex?

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2017, 08:22:15 PM »
I didn't realise that there were 2 editions of Mikes Models.

Mine (my very first 15mm figures) were certainly before Essex took over [although I understand that Essex will still spin up one-off orders from the Mikes Models Renaissance range on request].

They have a certain charm to them - very much of their time, though.

yourpaceormine

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2017, 03:38:00 PM »
Not a "please Martin can you make" post (I've promised not to, for a bit at least); what is missing from the ECW range?

* marching pikemen
* dragoon command - mounted (officer and colour can be nabbed from cav command - but a mounted drummer? Dragoons on foot straight from inf command)
* command personalities
* limbers (I've used other manufacturers' limbers - okay if you don't use figures just limbers and horses)
* baggage train (can be sourced elsewhere, fine if you don't use the people)

Anything else?

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2017, 06:22:45 PM »
Good topic and i am happy to chat about it!

I agree that more can be added to the ECW range. No doubt about it.  This is true of most PP ranges. That is why i do try to circulate around the ranges and give some love.
I do like  folk to lobby for what they need. Not to massage my ego but to help me consider aspects/needs  that i may have missed.

As i have said before "it is not what i need to  do but what i should not do" . 

I have work planned out for many months. so much work in fact that we have not brought out any new ranges for some years. we used yo add a new range each year.  I tend not to publish a release schedule as folk often assume that announcement means the job is done and thus new things must be added to the list. It is often a nice surprise to see new packs in a range you follow.

Some packs are easy to make  because they use existing weapons or simple uniforms. Some packs are essential for a new marker needed in a set of rules. Some packs are the result of long standing need to replace older poorer figures.

here are some thoughts on recent releases

1. Slovak helmets, WW1 brit helmets, ACW cloth kepi covers.  All easy and all instantly useful.
2. Cuirassiers packs and command pack. Very difficult to sculpt but promised fora while and in line with various updates happening in the ECW range.
3.plague Physicians. Easy and fun. Might attract interest to the PP ranges.
4. Russians  WW2. A necessary range to make income and preserve PP position as the leading WW2 infantry supplier. Now the biggest Russian figure range in any scale in history. i do often get questions about why PP does not just do the odds and ends whilst the other companies  make money from popular items.
5. SCW armoured truck. cannot release rules for SCW if we cannot supply the armoured trucks which are iconic.
6. Russian tank commanders. Helps toward the long term WW2 Russian goal.
7. SCW supporters. once again the rules require them , we need to supply them.
8. Uhlans. A long awaited update for WW1 players.

So, the problem is this. Which packs should have been not done?  If they are all sensible additions to the range then PP is working hard!  i would love to work quicker but I am old . But still keen!
So do keep the suggestions coming and assume they all go into the "thinking pot".

thanks..

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2017, 08:16:21 PM »
Thanks for the update Martin, please don't forget the Vietnam mountain tribes

Mike6t3

• Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2017, 09:10:56 PM »
All useful stuff so I'd say none of them shouldn't have been done. I don' t have an interest in some of the periods but I'm sure others do. I've already chipped in for ECW cavalry resculpts (good to see one pack done already) and highlanders with muskets. Great to see the new Russians, already painted my scouts. SMGs to be purchased soon but may have a dabble in ACW first and ECW (Montrose) is somewhere on my want to do list. So many fine figures but so little time to Paint them :D

yourpaceormine

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2017, 12:26:17 AM »
I'm a very happy chappy now you've 'done' the dragoon horseholders and cuirassier command - possibly the only 'real' glaring omissions from the range. So a big thank you from me.

Each range is equally important, and as you are in charge you get to prioritise what gets done and when. Agreed that all ranges can always be expanded, probably even the WW2 Russian range! I'm only really interested in the ECW range so can't comment on other ranges, and of course I will secretly be saying ECW range is highest priority (quietly under my breath so as not offend anyone).

Now that there are marching musketeers, to go with marching command packs from a purely pragmatic stance there probably should be marching pikemen. I will confess that I'm not a fan of pikemen with anything but vertical pikes (as none vertical pikes are a bugger to store), so marching pike would be some variety.

Command personalities would be nice but niche, maybe some different generic generals? But then I wouldn't have had plague wombles on my list of must haves - but seeing as you 'did' them it would have been rude not to have them.

Keep up the sculpting and I'm sure I'll keep buying more and more ECW from you (if you fancy turning your hand to Duchy of Warsaw Krakus they should match up sizewise really well with my old Heritage and Naismith Napoleonics so I'll happily buy those too).