Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Non-PP figures?  (Read 825 times)

usagitsuki

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Non-PP figures?
« on: October 17, 2016, 06:59:20 PM »
Hello,

A couple of questions re. forum etiquette:

Is there a prohibition on pictures of non-Peter Pig figures on the forum?

Is it OK to link to an AAR of a RFCM game on an external 'blog, or do you prefer the AAR to be posted here in full?

Colonel Kilgore

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Non-PP figures?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 09:06:45 PM »
usagitsuki (or is it うさぎつき...?),

I believe the consensus is that:

a) it's OK to have PP figures in RFCM games or PP figures in other games or other figures in RFCM games but not non-PP figures in non-RFCM games. There are already pictures of non-PP figures for example in AARs of the new Regiment of Foote rules (and very nice they are too).

b) there is no stated preference (yet!) with respect to posting a full AAR here or linking to an external blog. It does make it easier for folk here to follow (particularly if an external host needs you to be logged in) if the posting is all here, though. Some people have taken the approach of re-pasting an AAR hosted elsewhere verbatim here, which seems to work well. The key thing it that we don't want to be hosting photos on this forum, as they take up precious server space. It doesn't matter where they are hosted [there is guidance in a couple of places on this forum on how to do so e.g. from PhotoBucket or TinyPics] but we have a strong preference for just the links to photos being included in posts here, please.

You have also just reminded me of a task that we moderators have put off for too long, which is to finalise our "formal" guidance on such matters and post them somewhere here!

martin goddard

• Star Supporter Admin
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Non-PP figures?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 09:20:42 PM »
I personally do not mind at all. As long as there is no unpleasantness toward other figure makers (except if they are really pompous).
Maybe I should not have said that?

Nope, it is all fine!

\
martin