Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 3853 times)

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
Introductions
« on: June 26, 2016, 10:15:30 PM »
My name is Sean and I have been playing Peter Pig games for probably 20 years! I own every rule set and most of the ones that are out of print. This includes a copy of the ancient rules by 'the effing levellers'.

Although I live in the north Midlands i consider the Weymouth bunch as good firends having travelled down to play games with them for close on 10 years now. Martin G has more often than not provided me board and lodging to make this possible.

I play many games, but my historical fix is almost exclusively provided by PP. As Lincoln said, "if you like this sort of thing, then this is the sort of thing you will like."

My favourite period is probably the ACW closely followed by WW1. I have owned armies for every range PP produce albeit I am rebuilding my Samurai and Wars of the Roses collections.

My picture appears in one or two of the rule books.

I am an average but speedy painter. I go through peaks and troughs where I can paint a lot in a short time but then go for weeks without lifting a brush.

I'm currently reading 'the 1st Day of the Somme' by Martin Middlebrook. I intend to get the latest book by Hugh Seabag Montifore called 'Somme, Into the Breach'.

I'm looking forward to some good chat on here!

SimonC

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 10:58:50 AM »
Glad to see you join Sean. Hopefully you will be able to come down to Burton for a game soon.

Now we have this forum things will be a lot easier to commutate rather than using that archaic Yahoogroup  ;)

Simon

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 06:56:33 PM »
Hello all, Miles here. Hoping to see people at Bovington this weekend and at Entiyment the next weekend ?

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 10:21:10 PM »
Simon

I shall certainly take a drive down the A50 for a visit.

Miles,

I'm coming down for PBI!

Leman

• Star Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 08:04:44 AM »
Hi everyone, Andy Fuller from the Liverpool area. I've been using Peter Pig figures for many years - my first were Italian Renaissance, followed by ECW and WOR. My most recent project, still being worked on, is Belgium 1914, and the recent remodelling  and expansion of the Belgian range has been a godsend.

Camulogene

• Domestic Pig
  • "Let it be like yesterday..." (Ray Davies)
    • View Profile
    • Wargames rules and scenarios
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 09:29:03 AM »
Hello everyone,
Pierre Laporte from France, 53 years old. I've been painting Peter Pig figures for 20 years or more ; started with SCW figures from the old range, then WW1 with the first edition of Square Bashing about which I wrote arcticles and scenarios in the french wargames magazine "Vae Victis" in the 90'. Many Peter Pig figures from my own collection were also pictured, illustrating scenarios and rulesets (WW2, SCW, RCW, etc.) published in this magazine and other booklets.
As you can see, I'm a great fan of Peter Pig figures, which are - to my sense - the best 15mm ever produced : finely engraved, well animated, solid, hisorically exact.. and displaying more oink !  :D  Painting and collecting PP figures is still one of my greatest everyday's pleasure, which didn't lessen even after all those years.
My future projects are Syria 1941 (operation Exporter : Aussies, Indian and Free French against Vichy troops), Monastir 1916 (WW1 Balkans front), and complete my ACW collection.
Many thanks to Martin and the Peter Pig team, and looking forward to make new friends here,
Pierre

pbeccas

• Supporter 2019
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 09:22:00 AM »
Hi all, Paul from Perth in Western Austtalia.  Been buying Peter Pig figures for over 15 years, and played Civil War Battles, PBI and Square Bashing.  My contribution to the hobby was writing Armies of Belgium and Armies of China in the Bolt Action armies of osprey books.  Current projects involve painting more Peter Pig ACW forces, and now an unexpected future project involving Peter Pig Turks for Square Bashing. Yay.

agamemnon

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 05:51:09 PM »
Hi chaps.

Stephen here from sunny Brussels.   I am a long-term expat recently retired and hoping to get my act together to paint up my collection of PP figs, including Ancients, Vikings, WOR, ECW, Great War and loadsa PBI stuff.  Oh, and 'Nam.
I am a slow painter so have probably got my work cut out. :-\
We have a good group of guys here, other expats and Belgian gamers.  If you haven't been to the Crisis show in Antwerp, you haven't lived!!  Beer's good too :)
I look forward to corresponding and enjoying the forum.
Best,

Stephen

Mike Tanner

• Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 07:29:34 PM »
Hello chaps,

I'm Mike in Germany. I first became interested in wargaming back in the 70s when I borrowed Donald Featherstone's War Games from the local library. Until recently my wargaming has been kept on the back burner by real life. However, I am now pushing forward with a plan to fight an imagi-nations guerrilla war set in 1980s Africa. I've even gone so far as to purchase my first airbrush and compressor setup from Amazon. I will of course be using Peter Pig figures to fight this war.

Stand by for lots of dumb and not so dumb questions from a newbie in the coming months.

:)

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 11:05:51 PM »
Welcome Mike,

There are no dumb questions, but maybe a few dumb answers (from me at least!)

Sean

myrm

• Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2016, 12:07:51 PM »
Hi All,

I'm Tim, and I've been wargaming since the mid80s when a schoolmate waved WRG Moderns at me. I also play computer, board and RPG games.
I have Hammerin' Iron as I got interested in ACW actions and it was TMP recommended. I also own PBI as I was looking for something else to do with my FoW based figures and again it seemed interesting. I had played Strategos for Ancients and thought the idea might be interesting for WWII.
When not gaming I tend to be found on a rugby pitch and I also will probably ask many questions!

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 04:21:17 PM »
Ask away Tim! And welcome aboard.

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 04:12:29 PM »
A bit about me, I live in Weymouth, Dorset. Met Martin and Peter Pig about 12 yrs ago since then I have bought and painted about 8000 PP. Figures and play tested all the rule sets since about 2004.
I organise a games weekend in November in Weymouth for all to attend for a modest fee.

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 05:17:06 PM »
The best weekends gaming on the planet. Fact.

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2019
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 09:56:54 PM »
Thanks for the plug Sean