Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quiet as a Mouse in here  (Read 278 times)

Big Mike

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
  • "Bring up the PIAT!"
    • View Profile
Re: Quiet as a Mouse in here
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 07:42:35 PM »
The Entoyment catering was just mugs of tea and bars of chocolate (as part of a carefully balanced diet of course) so we didn't test the chef too much. They offer a slightly less extensive menu now, but probably OK for most gamers.  We both took our own mugs which may have reduced the risk to both gamer and caterer a little.
We used face masks in the shop and removed them to play the game upstairs.
One option for us all to consider for a possible event-sized game is to each wear a PPE visor. These are being provided for the Warhammer day this Saturday. Not sure what the cost is per visor - anyone know ?
Mike

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2020, 07:53:33 PM »
I popped into Entoyment today, as Andy got me the Static grass I ordered back in April. Carl had the “Orgebuger” in front of me, mmmm it looked great cant wait to try one at some point.
Miles

Noggin

• Supporter 2020
  • Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2020, 08:52:40 PM »
I got a pack of three visors for my daughter at £9.99

sjwalker51

• Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 10:29:40 PM »
2 games against live opponents planned for the weekend, more than I’ve managed in the last 3 months:

Saturday: 20mm 1940 Belgium
Sunday: 15mm 1940 East Africa (featuring PP of course)

Simon W

Brian Cameron

• Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2020, 03:03:52 PM »
I'm still reading lots, currently the War of 1812, and have painted up some 6mm figures as a well known manufacturer of 15mm figures inexplicably fails to cover this period  :)  Now starting the game design and a campaign setting for it by defining the 'must have' aspects which give the period its character.  Highights are the big difference between trained and untrained troops in their ability to move, change formation and fire effective volleys.  And the quality of leadership.  The numbers involved are quite small so ther's a need to resolve combat by companies which make it a bit different.  Fortunately there a lot of good books around on the subject  inuding several which deal with the lead up to a single battle and the outcome which provide the detail needed.

I'm also getting in some solo games, renovating some old scenery, pottering in the garden and building a few wagons for the model railway.  And lots of chats with friends on various systems such as Skype.  Currently giving some thought to doing some 'remote games' with a player/s in another location - how visible will the forces be, a gridded table would be easiest (pity all my cloths have a very subtle grid on them...), picking games where everyone knows the rules or writing some very simple ones just to have a bit of fun. 

Sounds like everyone is keeping well, please keep it that way.

Brian