Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quiet as a Mouse in here  (Read 279 times)

Antioch (Bob)

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Quiet as a Mouse in here
« on: July 30, 2020, 05:23:30 PM »
Well either someone found a way to open a pub or everyone is secretly planning a weekend get away. Sure quiet otherwise.

So what is everyone up to this weekend assuming you are not leaving town?  🤔

I hope to be getting together with a friend & trying out a new board game....well we hope. Not a miniatures game but its a start.

Bob

Mike6t3

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
Re: Quiet as a Mouse in here
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 05:34:29 PM »
Well I hope to finish dismantling an old conservatory on the back of my house. Hoped to have it finished before the weekend but ended up helping my stepson and his fiancee move home. Shopping for my elderly parents tomorrow which will take half a day as they live about 30 mins drive away and usually need me to do the odd job for them too.
No wargames for me just yet.

Mike

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 05:43:23 PM »
I am keeping quiet, getting mexrev ready for launch.
Should have something for 1st of August 2020

martin :)

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 07:19:51 PM »
Well either someone found a way to open a pub or everyone is secretly planning a weekend get away. Sure quiet otherwise.

We've all gone to another Forum and forgot to tell you about it, Bob  :)

It is funny - there are days when it's very quiet here, and others when there's loads of news / content / banter.

I am expecting an explosion of chit-chat around 1st August...

Simon

John Watson

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 07:21:01 PM »
That sounds great Martin. Don't forget the mariachis.
Bob I shall be bowling (lawn not 10 pin) tomorrow morning and again in the afternoon. Not expecting any Armadas, but will keep a weather eye out in case one comes over the horizon. Saturday and Sunday will be quiet as my wife is working nights so she will be sleeping. Ideal time to get some more painting done. Currently an ECW regiment of foot, a troop of ECW cavalry and a unit of late Republican Roman cavalry. Then Sunday afternoon a meet up with the neighbours for a gin and tonic or two. We have done this since the lock down in early March. We are all socially distanced and we haven't been rained off once.
Cheers
John

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 09:09:44 PM »
Cinema Saturday and painting wife’s salon Sunday, continuing painting Fallschirmjager when not doing my chores

Stewart

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 09:24:30 PM »
Cinema?!

Are you seeing anything pertinent to this Forum, Stewart?

Simon

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2020, 10:12:54 PM »
Fitting extract unit in my daughters restaurant kitchen with the help of metal worker from next door, a bit of welding on the extract tube.
If I then have time I have to finish the ventilation ducts to the toilets. With this finished I can connect up the dish wash machine  and sinks.
A friends grandson singing for an hour in the evening in the bar garden.

Saturday may visit this event about a half hour away.
https://www.laperceedubocage.fr/index.php/evenements-events/32-4e-fete-de-la-liberation

Sunday a vide grenier in the next village, so a visit and collect bread from the boulangerie.

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 04:52:55 AM »
I seemed to got over my “writers block” so back to Painting Figures for my Western Forces. In between still doing bits and pieces to my Cabins and Shed and back Garden. Depending on the Weather and how tired I am etc...
Hopefully in the next Month I can move my storage area into my new Cabin and get the boxes from the loft into the daylight ! I know I will have a pile for the next “Bring and Buy” Wherever and/or Whenever that is ?
Went through my ACW “pile” yesterday sorted out what is good and bad etc. It is amazing what we War-gamers do collect in the way of “ lead” over the years !!!
Miles

pbeccas (Paul)

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 05:12:16 AM »
Working.   Night shift.

Big Mike

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
  • "Bring up the PIAT!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 06:40:59 AM »
 Last day of this week's Foodbank duty today. Daughter and hubby visiting yesterday and helped shift more stuff out of our loft. I fired up the r/c Dalek that has been lurking up there unused and it rattled around the garden shouting its demented cries until my wife asked my son in law to stop frightening the neighbours.
The on-line ECW Campaign is keeping a few of us busy as fighting at Winchester, Salisbury and Exeter edges closer.
Colin and I played PBI at Entoyment this week. First game for months and really enjoyable. Colin's very nicely painted Russians pressed home their attack on my raw Germans at the road junction objective. I counter-attacked with armour support and my 2  Stugs and a Tiger knocked-out one of his T34s and immobilised another but I failed to retake the objective.
Entoyment was quiet and so seemed reasonably safe although Colin and I were the only people in the upstairs gaming room.
Mike

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 06:47:36 AM »
Simon,
We are seeing ‘Proxima’

Stewart

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 08:32:51 AM »
I hope you enjoy it, Stewart. It's great that cinemas are open again for business.

Simon

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2020, 09:01:32 AM »
Mike
How did the catering arrangements  at Entoyment work out for you both?

martin ???

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2020, 11:12:25 AM »
Simon hopefully the cinema has it right, we shall see.
We Have been to our local gym everyday this week and they have it right with cleaning and social distancing.

Stewart