Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nit-picking  (Read 371 times)

Panzer21

• Supporter 2020
  • Piglet
    • View Profile
Re: Nit-picking
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 01:25:07 PM »
I think the best response is "oh were you there then?" :)
It's a safe bet that unless your game is set in the C20th they probably weren't........
Neil

Martin Smith

• Supporter 2020
  • Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2020, 02:11:03 PM »
My favourite "expert" comment was directed at a fantasy game adjacent to ours at a convention some years ago.  He opined loudly that "historically" orcs did not wear those colours'!!!!!!!  He was quite rightly ignored.  Regards Alan
...love it 😊

mellis1644

• Wild Boar
  • The Frozen North- https://mellis1644.wordpress.com
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 03:34:24 PM »
I suspect the same people (or at least the same types) are those offering expert opinions on Brexit and the pandemic etc.

There are alway those out there who really believe their position is the right and only valid one. Unfortunately, history shows that wars have been fought specifically for those reasons when those people are in powerful positions...

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2020, 03:44:26 AM »
We had an expert at Bovington last year, after Colin had done research on the LCT, put some numbers on them so they looked more realist, and specific to that beach. We were then told that the numbers were too high ? Until I pointed out how many Hundreds of these things were about and that the numbers he was quoting was on the First British beach and we were on the Third Beach !
 The Drivers of a Priest and Sexton sit on opposite sides of the vehicle ? As British drivers sit on the “Right” side of a vehicle!
Miles

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2020, 06:14:47 AM »
Hope you did not chat with him for too long Miles. He needed to get to all the other tables in order to spread his "wisdom" to all.

martin :)