Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: messopotamia WW1  (Read 751 times)

Jonnyboy

• Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
messopotamia WW1
« on: September 18, 2016, 10:27:01 PM »
Ok we have the Turks and rummaging around for some Commonwealth opposition, was wondering if anybody has any suggestions?

One thought was to look at the Early War Tommies and do a head swap with WW1 sun helmet, to me though it he head doesn't quite catch the Wolseley, maybe go for the Colonial head instead, would I get away with this in 15mm.

If I follow that route could I use the Colonial British for Line troops?

The Colonial cavalry look ok, especially dismounted troops, quick alternative paint job and away we go. 

Indian troops could do with another pose pack for variety but we do have one for starters.

Any further ideas and suggestions appreciated for proxy swaps but could do with some Tommy Atkins in shorts, vests and Wolseleys please Martin. Just a couple of line packs (firing/ advancing/ casualty/ Command) would really open up the campaign. Cheers

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: messopotamia WW1
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 12:51:16 PM »
WW2 8th army figures will give you troops in shorts and some bare chested gunners.
Martin does some heads for Indians, new zealanders and aussies.

Jonnyboy

• Domestic Pig
    • View Profile
Re: messopotamia WW1
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 08:52:29 PM »
Wise minds think alike, I was wondering about that, however the 8th army have the WW2 Bren pouches on the front webbing :-(, however there are lot of potential proxies and cut and paste options.

British Infantry - early War Brits with Colonial pith helmets conversion. Yes there is a Wolesley Pith helmet, but looking at the pic IMHO it looks too small too fit the head, so the Colonial helmet is the way to go here.

However still hoping for figs in shirt and shirtsleeve order, as well as wearing jacket so it can be converted into Ghurka units :-)

Ps I know it's Cheeky, but any chance of a Rolls Royce Armoured car being added to the Brits vehichle list?