Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A few rules queries  (Read 208 times)

Zanoni

• Piglet
    • View Profile
A few rules queries
« on: July 16, 2020, 05:44:41 PM »
Hi all,

Just got a few rules queries having played more games and tried the aircrew rescue scenario:
1) Artillery strikes - do they affect vehicles? I assumed not.
2) Searches - Method Point 4 'A square cannot be searched twice' does this mean you can only use action dice once to search a square (so if you fail to roll a 5 or 6 you can't try again) or mean that once you have rolled on the cache loop for a village square you can't search that one again regardless of finding a cache, an ambush or nothing on the loop?
3) Again with searching in the downed aircrew game while it is clear the White Star cannot search a village with enemy in proximity can they search jungle with enemy in proximity?
4) Visibility and shooting - in this situation:

Jungle Square 1/Open Square 1
Jungle Square 2/ Jungle Square 3

can white star troops in Jungle Square 2 shoot at VC in Open Square 1 or is this blocked by the touching corners of Jungle Squares 1 and 3?

Been really enjoying solo games under lockdown and looking forward to trying to persuade some of my regular opponents to take up the game when we can meet up again. There are some reports on my blog if anyone is interested: http://trooptime.blogspot.com/

Next up I may consider making a firebase though that's quite an undertaking in 20mm!

Thanks,

Zanoni

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: A few rules queries
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 09:40:09 PM »
Hello Zanoni

Here are my attempts at answers.
Do ask again if it is not clear :)

1. A search only happens once the 5,6 has been rolled. If a 5,6 is never achieved then a search is never achieved. e.g. A player can try to get a 5,6 ten times. If he fails  ten times then he has been unable to carry out a search.

If a player scores  a5,6 then a search has been carried out.
If the search finds nothing on the cache loop then the search finds nothing (a waste of time), but a search has been done.

Once a 5,6 is scored the player removes the search marker from the game.
This will help players remember which village squares have beens searched.
No marker = no search possible.

Each time a search is carried out the search marker is taken off the table. There will be 12 search markers placed at the game start.

2. Vehicles can be destroyed by artillery.  Usual saves. 2,3,4,5,6 for tank,  carrier 3,4,5,6  truck4,5,6

3. Scener squares.
If jungle, village or bamboo squares( in any combination) touch on a corner they block line of sight along the diagonal.

e.g some VC bases are in an empty square. All four faces have a jungle square  touching. The VC cannot shoot at any square except into the 4 jungle squares touching teh 4 faces. The VC cannot shoot out through the diagonals.

martin :)

Zanoni

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 09:52:23 AM »
Hi Martin,

Thanks that's very clear and pretty much what I thought other than the vehicles.

Cheers,

Zanoni

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 08:08:26 AM »
Good news Zanoni.
Vehicles will seldom get hit because the white  is usually the artillery shooter and the vehicle owner.

martin :)