Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Decals  (Read 211 times)

SFrost

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Decals
« on: July 13, 2020, 09:27:03 AM »
Hello.
I'm painting a samurai army at the moment and having a hard time with the sashimonos. I have found that the decals from "Scale specialties" (10mm) fits the PP figs. But the sheets from Scale specialties is somewhat limited. A friend have told me that the transfers from VVV are too large for PP figs. Do anybody know of any decals that fits Peter Pigs samurai sashimono?
Cheers
Søren

usagitsuki

• Piglet
    • View Profile
Re: Decals
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 11:03:06 AM »
This guy will custom make decals to whatever size and design you want. Unfortunately, he's only on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Colours-Of-War-Studio-1658800900844799/

Scroll down a bit to see the Japanese decals

Alternatively, you could make your own. I made mine with decal paper on an ordinary inkjet printer:

Mike6t3

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 11:47:23 AM »
I really like those. How did you make the White Decals ? I thought that White could not be printed or did you use White decal paper and are really good at cutting out 😁

Mike

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 11:48:01 AM »
They are greta little transfers

martin

usagitsuki

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 11:55:35 AM »
I really like those. How did you make the White Decals ? I thought that White could not be printed or did you use White decal paper and are really good at cutting out 😁

Mike

The white (or yellow) parts of the decal are printed as clear. The middle bit of the sashimono is then painted white (or yellow), and the decal applied. Then the field is filled in in red (or black). If you leave a bit extra background colour around the decal, you don't have to paint so close to the line.

SFrost

• Piglet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 12:44:52 PM »
Thanx Usagitsuki
I will try to make my own (or make my friend, who is also painting samurai at the moment, do it:-)).
Cheers
Søren

Mike6t3

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 01:13:11 PM »
Thanks Usagitsuki, that's useful to know.

Mike