Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Busy doing...  (Read 229 times)

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Busy doing...
« on: June 28, 2020, 06:31:23 PM »
What wargaming task(s) has kept you busy this week 22nd-26th June 2020.

For myself

1. Doing research work for Mexrev.
2. Tidying my model bench drawers.  i.e moving stuff from A to B and then back again.
3. Throwing out old wargame magazines. Hence my finding issue 1 of Wargame illustrated by Duncan.
4. Throwing out old 9" moulds that Mike has evicted from the workshop.
5. Wondering what my first game date will be .  August, December  or when.
6. Ordering gaming stuff via E bay and amazon which I don't need.

Thus, my week has been made up of many small events.

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Busy doing...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 06:46:18 PM »
I have done a bit of work on my 15mm sailing ships, I have decided the sails have been taken down for repair whilst in port.

Clear space for the new Fallschirmjagers ordered this week.

Reorganising my scenery boxes, putting items into 3 big boxes manly for PBI,
I will have 3, Green, Desert and Snow.

Vietnam, Bloodbarons, ACW, Viking’s will have their own scenery boxes.

Not sure about ECW,SCW, AK47 and Samurai .

AWI May share with ACW.

Stewart

Matías

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 06:50:33 PM »
I have been away from my Wargaming bench for a couple of weeks now, it's just in the other room but I haven't been able to find the will to work. Just one of those time when the mojo is gone.
On a positive note, my modern PP stuff arrived last week, some professionals and some militia. It took them 2 months to get here due to the COVID-19 situation. They will go into the pile of shame for some time as my Romans are the next in line, and some Early War British tanks that just need the finishing touches on the cammo.

What a shame you had to throw away the old magazines Martin, but I understand, I have some old Electronics magazines (my other hobby and career) that are completely outdated by now, but I keep them and even buy them when I find them in used bookshops.

Smoking gun

• Supporter 2020
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 08:09:12 PM »
I was fortunate to find a lot of PP SCW figures including an armoured truck and also a set of 15mm SCW flags on eBay. Saved me a few pounds.

We also had a wargames group meeting for a chat, drinks and snacks in our hosts garden Thursday evening, It was good to see friends and catch up, we'll be doing the same every Thursday until we can game indoors.

Nothing else wargames wise as my wife and I are decorating downstairs before our 18 month granddaughter returns for childcare when her parents return to work.

Best wishes,
Martin Buck

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 08:58:29 PM »
Busy working on the restaurant for my daughter, the hay's made and in the barn or sold.
Clearing out unpainted 54mm plastics that I am unlikely to use.
Continuing to go through my retirement figures and paint some, more 1846 Mexican American war figures.
Given some Romans to paint for Infamy, Infamy.
Restaurant again tomorrow.

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 09:05:43 PM »
Hello Matias
Try lining the little chaps up and giving them your " i am your new commander"  speech?
It might not work but you will have established discipline? :)

martin

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 10:05:37 PM »
My Crete hills and templates got bubble-wrapped and packed up into their plastic boxes.

Some nice resin bell tents arrived in the post for the Crete RAF camp.

I'm not sure I'll be doing any MexRev figures for quite some time yet, but I ordered Mike Blake's book from Caliver, which arrived a couple of days later. First impressions are very favourable.

I have finished tidying up the base coats on my Cretan houses. They're waiting for a chance to get spray-varnished, after which I may do some light weathering and/or pin washes, probably depending on guidance received from Uncle Miles. Dry-brushing won't work in the normal way, due to the striations in the 3D prints.

I have cleaned up and primed a few Vikings for the latest Mill Gamette, as well as my first batch of German paras for the Crete game.

I've been reading into Big Mike's ECW campaign, and doing some planning for that. I understand that the troops march out from barracks tomorrow.

Finally, my bedtime reading has been "The Cretan Runner" - a very good read so far about life on the island under German occupation.

So, for a quiet week on the painting front, I see that I've not done too badly!

Simon

Sean Clark

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
  • In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king
    • View Profile
    • Buckets of Dice
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 12:45:38 AM »
Painting 15mm Austrian Napoleonics for a friend at the club. 260 odd to be precise. Not much time for anything else. Also planning an ECW game to record and put up on my YouTube channel.

Smiley Miley 66

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 10:15:05 AM »
Busy with my Wargames Cabin, plus my new Storage and Games room Cabin ( needs painting  inside and out ) and putting together my old shed as it had to move to make room for my new cabin. Sorting out the back garden, a bit of ACW /Western figures and scenery in between.
Miles

Leman

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
  • If it's too hard, I can't do it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 03:23:09 PM »
It’s all been to do with what stays with my mates/brother, and what goes with me to the Netherlands. Interestingly no Peter Pig figures are being left behind, but a lot of 28mm and my entire collection of various manufacturers 15mm Ancients are going, respectively to my friends Neville, Baz and Paul. A very large amount of accumulated Old Glory 15mm ACW also going to Paul, who I know is keen to start a Longstreet campaign. Amongst other things my brother will be getting my entire 15mm Mexican-American War collection. It looks like I will need to shed some buildings as well, so that will be the next big sort out.