Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Minairons: new 1/600 Ship of the Line  (Read 112 times)

Lluis of Minairons

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
Minairons: new 1/600 Ship of the Line
« on: May 20, 2020, 09:52:34 PM »

I'm happy to show you a third model belonging to our 1/600 scale Age of Sail ships - this time, an aggressive 3rd rate Ship of the Line, modelled after blueprints of a real warship dating back from early 1700s. Model kit's hull is made of high quality resin, while masts and sails are white metal cast - just 11 parts in total! Kit is completed by a Portuguese naval flags sheet – although we have an ever growing list of ensigns for up to 12 different nations.

It's been a long, hard production process plentiful of unexpected issues, certainly; but now it's finally here with us, and I'm so happy for it! We are still awaiting packaging boxes to be printed, but it's a matter of just a few days; so you can already pre-order right now your ship of the line while awaiting boxes to come. Delivery is expected to start on June 1st.

Although scaled at 1/600, this model is still compatible with your 1/450 PP ships, albeit using it as a 4th or even a 5th rate ship, rather than a 3rd rate one. So as to allow you get some notion, this new boat is just about 1/2 cm longer than Martin's warship.

Lluís Vilalta
www.minairons.eu
Minairons blog
Minairons facebook

Colonel Kilgore

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
Re: Minairons: new 1/600 Ship of the Line
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 09:54:01 PM »
That looks like a mighty fine model, Lluis!

Simon

Stewart 46A

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 06:55:39 AM »
Yes it’s a very nice model, I am lucky that Lluis built and painted one for me.
It’s now in my Pirate fleet.

Stewart

martin goddard

• RFCM Admin Supporter
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 08:31:21 AM »
Very nice indeed. :)

martin

Antioch (Bob)

• Supporter 2020
  • Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 02:52:37 PM »
Another terrific model for sure.  Having a few of the galleon models, they are all together very nicely.

Bob

Leslie BT

• Supporter 2020
  • Hog the Limelight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 06:01:21 PM »
Great stufff  Lluis, how's the virus where you are is it stopping you getting models out?

Lluis of Minairons

• Wild Boar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 09:46:02 PM »
Great stufff  Lluis, how's the virus where you are is it stopping you getting models out?

Otherwise than Martin, I'm not a sculptor myself. I am a self-employee specialized in having ideas and hiring other self-employees to make them become a real thing (you know, a friend who has a 3D printer and a vast knowledge on 3D designing, that other who has built a small foundry, even a third one mastering resin casting...). I'm just the guy who has ideas and gathers media and resources to make them real.

(In other words: the designer, CEO, community manager, only shareholder and even onlier employee of a single-man enterprise)

These hired colleagues have experienced serious troubles lately - some have seen their commissions drop to zero so having to shut down temporarily, others have had titanic struggles to keep a stock of raw materials, etc. Not to say about my own issues - how to keep selling if you aren't allowed to leave home for the Mail office? How to get resupplied from packaging cases if carton workshops had to shut down doors? ...and so and so.

All this, thanks to a ridiculously tiny viric RNA capsule...
As some sayings here say, "no som res" (catalan) or "no somos nada" (spanish) - that is, "we are nothing".  :-\